United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
Poster in the Komps Birthday thread claims he is out Sunday injured and Pellegrini will confirm later.

If that's the case we will just have to deal with it.

I'm still confident we'll win this.

I've seen nothing all season from Man Utd for us to be scared of. Even in both games against Chelsea this season, we completely out-played them. Nothing to fear here, let's go out and win this.

I wouldn't mind us going 4-4-2 here. How many times have we beaten Man Utd the last few years playing 4-4-2? Every single time. Palace barely created anything on Monday night, an offside first goal and probably the best free kick Puncheon has ever scored in his life. Start Fernandinho ahead of Fernando though.

Hopefully Kompany is fit for this, he usually has Rooney in his back pocket and certainly has the psychological advantage over Rooney, who's in good form.

Milner for Navas would be a change I'd like to see, just a little bit more solid away from home. Mangala for Demichelis too, simply think Mangala is the better CB. Same with Zabaleta over Sagna, better RB and has the knowhow of winning these derbys.

Bony is apparently fit and ready to start, in place of Dzeko I'd imagine.

4-4-2:

-------------------------Hart----------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Mangala--Clichy
-Milner---Fernandinho---Yaya---Silva-
-----------------Aguero---Bony---------------

Mike N said:
blueinsa said:
Poster in the Komps Birthday thread claims he is out Sunday injured and Pellegrini will confirm later.

To be honest although on paper he's certainly our best defender and perhaps even a worldy at times, this season missing him in his current form wouldn't be such a bad miss wouldn't be good but the team overall rating wouldn't suffer too much.

blue b4 the moon said:
Mike N said:
blueinsa said:

To be honest although on paper he's certainly our best defender and perhaps even a worldy at times, this season missing him in his current form wouldn't be such a bad miss wouldn't be good but the team overall rating wouldn't suffer too much.

Seemed okay at the mural photocall yesterday?

CityFan94 said:
I'm still confident we'll win this.

I've seen nothing all season from Man Utd for us to be scared of. Even in both games against Chelsea this season, we completely out-played them. Nothing to fear here, let's go out and win this.

I wouldn't mind us going 4-4-2 here. How many times have we beaten Man Utd the last few years playing 4-4-2? Every single time. Palace barely created anything on Monday night, an offside first goal and probably the best free kick Puncheon has ever scored in his life. Start Fernandinho ahead of Fernando though.

Hopefully Kompany is fit for this, he usually has Rooney in his back pocket and certainly has the psychological advantage over Rooney, who's in good form.

Milner for Navas would be a change I'd like to see, just a little bit more solid away from home. Mangala for Demichelis too, simply think Mangala is the better CB. Same with Zabaleta over Sagna, better RB and has the knowhow of winning these derbys.

Bony is apparently fit and ready to start, in place of Dzeko I'd imagine.

4-4-2:

-------------------------Hart----------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Mangala--Clichy
-Milner---Fernandinho---Yaya---Silva-
-----------------Aguero---Bony---------------

Would be happy with this team ... mangala can give fellaini the good kicking he deserves

blue b4 the moon said:
Mike N said:
blueinsa said:

Yeah, the demi and mangs partnership hasn't been that bad this season.

IWasHere said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Mike N said:

Yeah, the demi and mangs partnership hasn't been that bad this season.

For a normal league game, I'd agree.

But this is the derby.

Kompany is always immense in these games and has got Rooney's number, he dominates Rooney in every derby.

I watched the scum play the red dippers and Van gal got it spot on tactically and they riped the red dippers apart. I'm afraid that we will be outplayed tactically as we seem to be fixed on 442. I'm dreading this game but think we might at best get a draw.

Just seen Stuart Pearce's combined XI on SSN:

CCOWTTBUgAAfDyG.jpg

Not qute sure where to start with that.

Ric said:
Just seen Stuart Pearce's combined XI on SSN:

CCOWTTBUgAAfDyG.jpg

Not qute sure where to start with that.

Surely that's a combined team from the players left that wouldn't make the first combined team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.