Update from Vicky Kloss on The Sunday Supplement Attack

Aussie! said:
does anybody have a face to the legendary vicky kloss?

johnny crossan said:
just got this today:

Dear ***** and ******

I hope you are well. An update for you since my last note.

I have contacted all four journalists on Sunday Supplement this weekend and have received a full and unreserved apology from Rob Beasley on the phone and in writing , as he now recognises that Roberto Mancini wasn’t in the stands on the day in question. He is going to make the correction the next time he is on the show. I have also set up a meeting with Brian Woolnough for next week to discuss all matters relating to the football club, on and off the field as well as the structure here and in Abu Dhabi.

From a legal point of view, (and I consulted with our London based media lawyers on Sunday and again on Monday), technically a breach has taken place. Pragmatic legal advice however is that pursuit of this would be risky and potentially counter productive.

My view is that if the breach is corrected, it is better to influence and explain than to slap on a ban ( not that media organisations can be banned from the matches anyway. Bans can realistically only be applied to press conferences) In our situation, when we haven’t yet achieved on the pitch, it is far better to engage than to create even deeper rooted enemies, who, if they are so willing can step up their criticism to an even higher level.

This is not about mute acceptance of antagonistic and/or erroneous reporting. We have taken legal action on several occasions in the past few months in certain circumstances and will continue to do so when appropriate, however a longer term strategy is required when dealing with these matters as we try to inform slowly but surely, key figures in media, government and the football authorities.

I appreciate your contact. Please feel free to get in touch with the future about this or any other matter.

Best wishes

Vicky Kloss
Chief Communications Officer

good stuff Vicky

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=160284&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=160284&start=10</a>

Just a quick thing here.

City Raider, I was the City fan who pointed out the false news report to Rob on Tuesday. If you remember at the time, Mancini was reported by SSN to be at the Sunderland game, though they retracted that later on Soccer Saturday. Unfortunately, he didn't get the retraction and there wasn't a big deal made about it.
Since then, he has been under this false impression, which is where his comments stemmed from.

After he was corrected, and he checked it out for himself, HE APPROACHED VICKY and made a phone apology then a written apology. This isn't Vicky Kloss kicking arse and taking names, this is a journo who knew that he got it wrong and went to make things right.

His apologies have been noted on here now, and at the club, surely we can give him a bit of leeway over this one? Everybody makes mistakes, and this was a genuine mistake rather than a malicious one.

Barntonblue said:
johnny crossan said:
I am neither a Tom, Dick or a Harry and Vicky would never write an email to a fan if she wasn't comfortable with its contents being made public and there's nothing she writes that she wouldn't be prepared to say to a journalist, member of the public or even the City Board of Directors!

Alright son, don't get your knickers in a twist

-- Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:37 pm --

johnny crossan said:
I am neither a Tom, Dick or a Harry and Vicky would never write an email to a fan if she wasn't comfortable with its contents being made public and there's nothing she writes that she wouldn't be prepared to say to a journalist, member of the public or even the City Board of Directors!

Alright son, don't get your knickers in a twist

Hey BartonBlue, shut the fuck up.

34734.jpg

Barntonblue said:
Unprofessional by the hacks, but even more unprofessional by Vicky imo.

She should not be emailing any Tom, Dick or Harry re our tactics with the media and the email should not be put up for public consumption.

Very poor form from Vicky and the OP

This must be a WUM ?
If not what a sad individual you are !
We have been slagged off,froTOM,DICK & HARRY,for the past 3+ years,but you are so forgiving ?????????
I`ll repeat what I`ve said before !!!
If VK didn`t want all and sundry to know,what the Clubs stance was on this type of vindiciive and anal slagging,then she would have undoutably let"johnny crossan" know.
So,your problem is ???????????????????????????????????????????
Shocked and disappointed that a true Blue would have reason to feel let down by the Club,who are fed up (as are the majority of the fans),being shit on by the Media.
Shame on you Blue !!!!!!!!!!!
But maybe you ain`t ??????????????????????????

oakiecokie said:
Barntonblue said:
Unprofessional by the hacks, but even more unprofessional by Vicky imo.

She should not be emailing any Tom, Dick or Harry re our tactics with the media and the email should not be put up for public consumption.

Very poor form from Vicky and the OP

This must be a WUM ?
If not what a sad individual you are !
We have been slagged off,froTOM,DICK & HARRY,for the past 3+ years,but you are so forgiving ?????????
I`ll repeat what I`ve said before !!!
If VK didn`t want all and sundry to know,what the Clubs stance was on this type of vindiciive and anal slagging,then she would have undoutably let"johnny crossan" know.
So,your problem is ???????????????????????????????????????????
Shocked and disappointed that a true Blue would have reason to feel let down by the Club,who are fed up (as are the majority of the fans),being shit on by the Media.
Shame on you Blue !!!!!!!!!!!
But maybe you ain`t ??????????????????????????

I hate anal slagging.

Damocles said:
Just a quick thing here.

City Raider, I was the City fan who pointed out the false news report to Rob on Tuesday. If you remember at the time, Mancini was reported by SSN to be at the Sunderland game, though they retracted that later on Soccer Saturday. Unfortunately, he didn't get the retraction and there wasn't a big deal made about it.
Since then, he has been under this false impression, which is where his comments stemmed from.

After he was corrected, and he checked it out for himself, HE APPROACHED VICKY and made a phone apology then a written apology. This isn't Vicky Kloss kicking arse and taking names, this is a journo who knew that he got it wrong and went to make things right.

His apologies have been noted on here now, and at the club, surely we can give him a bit of leeway over this one? Everybody makes mistakes, and this was a genuine mistake rather than a malicious one.

Sorry, but are you saying that this twunt from the SUN,unintentionally made a grave error and was NOT aware that BM,was NOT at Eastlands at the same time as MH sacking ??
This twunt did indeed know,as did that twat Smith form the Mirror,that BM was not there at Eastlands.
Seems that you are in the minority,trying to forgive a guy who has shown nothing but contempt for our Club,since our takeover.
Shame on you,irrespective of your position on BM !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You honestly believe that this "was a genuine mistake ???"
I think you hold an allegiance with these reporters,whatever your reason !!
First name terms aka "Rob" doen`t help your course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having seen his somewhat apology ?? do you honestly believe that he was sincere ???
Absolutly NO chance !
And more fool you if you try and hoodwink true Blue Fans.

oakiecokie said:
Damocles said:
Just a quick thing here.

Sorry, but are you saying that this twunt from the SUN,unintentionally made a grave error and was NOT aware that BM,was NOT at Eastlands at the same time as MH sacking ??
This twunt did indeed know,as did that twat Smith form the Mirror,that BM was not there at Eastlands.
Seems that you are in the minority,trying to forgive a guy who has shown nothing but contempt for our Club,since our takeover.
Having seen his somewhat apology ?? do you honestly believe that he was sincere ???
Absolutly NO chance !

Hi mate,

I appreciate how it may come across, but I can tell you that my allegiance is now, and has always been towards City fans. Rob Beasley is a guy that I've had email exchanges with, and he wouldn't know me if I walked past him.

I do believe that it was a genuine mistake, yes. He has explained the situation in an email, that I will post tomorrow as I'm not in the habit of posting private emails without permission. I will post it unedited though.

I believe it was a genuine mistake because he approached the club to apologise after I mentioned the circumstances and he did his research to verify it. He instantly started backtracking, apologising and generally tried to take it all back.

Journos are people just as you and I are. We make mistakes. We quote inaccuracies. It happens.

As far as his past is concerned, I have no knowledge of this as the only stories I see are either on the Mail Online or on here. I don't keep track of who is a twat.

He could be lying and really have known all along. I'm not claiming to know his mind. I'm just saying that he convinced me with his emails that he really did just fuck something up.

We exchanged emails because I care about the perception of the club in the media. We've fucked things up in the past ourselves, therefore I don't like people inventing stuff to blame us for. As I say, I felt that questioning allegiances was a bit harsh.

Damocles said:
oakiecokie said:
Absolutly NO chance !

Hi mate,

I appreciate how it may come across, but I can tell you that my allegiance is now, and has always been towards City fans. Rob Beasley is a guy that I've had email exchanges with, and he wouldn't know me if I walked past him.

I do believe that it was a genuine mistake, yes. He has explained the situation in an email, that I will post tomorrow as I'm not in the habit of posting private emails without permission. I will post it unedited though.

I believe it was a genuine mistake because he approached the club to apologise after I mentioned the circumstances and he did his research to verify it. He instantly started backtracking, apologising and generally tried to take it all back.

Journos are people just as you and I are. We make mistakes. We quote inaccuracies. It happens.

As far as his past is concerned, I have no knowledge of this as the only stories I see are either on the Mail Online or on here. I don't keep track of who is a twat.

He could be lying and really have known all along. I'm not claiming to know his mind. I'm just saying that he convinced me with his emails that he really did just fuck something up.

We exchanged emails because I care about the perception of the club in the media. We've fucked things up in the past ourselves, therefore I don't like people inventing stuff to blame us for. As I say, I felt that questioning allegiances was a bit harsh.

Apologies if it came over like that !!!!!!!
Really do get pissed of with most of the media and how they perceive us,which is totally unfounded,but something I suppose we have to get used to.
Only taking the piss,ref on first name terms but I really hate that twunt Smith from the Mirror.
No arguements ref how we`ve fucked things up ourself,especially Cookie Monster,but I feel he`s learnt his lesson.
However,I do believe that Vicky is doing a grand job and will not take prisoners lightly.
Cheers and hopefully no intent meant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.