Update from Vicky Kloss on The Sunday Supplement Attack

Beasley's response is, quite frankly, pathetic. He blames his ignorance on having heard a report that he didn't realise had turned out to be completely inaccurate. The irony now, of course, is that thousands of people have heard him spouting this garbage as gospel and in turn believe it to be true. And why wouldn't they? It was said with such conviction after all.

A private apology to City, Vicky Kloss and Damocles is completely meaningless; the damage has already been done and nothing short of a full and frank grovelling public apology should suffice in this case. This guy has access to a national newspaper, numerous TV shows, social networking media and a whole range of radio chat shows, yet as far as I'm aware he has made no attempt to apologise publicly through any of these. To me, that shows exactly how sincere he is.

So can we infer from what Damocles has said that Beasley wasn't one of the 2 journos that Vicky Kloss approached at Craven Cottage?
If so, and I'm assuming Woolenough is one of them due to his impending visit, it will be interesting to see who, if any, out of the other two makes a retraction.

Beasley's stance seems a little far from the truth to me, as he is part of the Murdoch/Sky/Sun axis and claims to be good mates with MH, MB et al yet wasn't aware that Mancini was in Italy. Pretty damn sure that had RM been at Eastlands much, much more would have been made of it by him in the past, after all he claims he was impassioned by it and hurt for his friends. Strikes me he's playing the 'onest guv, I didn't know' card, now he's been caught out. A little of the plausible deniability about and if he didn't know, which I doubt, he is piss poor at his job.

If it was a genuine mistake by a junior hack then this could be understood. But for someone of his status who is supposed to relay facts within his reports this supposed oversight is disgraceful. If Mancini dropped a bollock of that size then this Weasel would be relentless in his pursuit of RM , the owners and the club.
Every week I have listen to fools who have opinions based solely on what the likes of him say or write. Easily ignored I know but propaganda is very effective weapon and even has the ability to turn fan on fan. The sole purpose of this to create turmoil within and force the club to its knees. Where he can there upon sit and gloat over his marvelous journalistic efforts. Then report them to the masses in a very ' I told you so ' manner.
So Mr.Weasely, as far as I'm concerned, you live by it, you die by it, now fkn fall on it.

one thing that strikes me about beasley's claim is that, by his own admission, he based his tirade on a news item on ssn almost a year ago that was very quickly retracted by them. it doesn't say much for him as a 'professional' journalist if he has been unaware of this after all this time & has based his prejudices on a bullshit story that he still believed to be true.

in fact i believe his backtracking is based solely on the fact that he's been caught out as a lying twat rather than him discovering he'd 'made a mistake'. his excuse just reeks of utter bollocks.

i'm also with dubai blue that beasley has supposedly apologised to city fans but there has been no public apology at all which leaves any non-city fan who saw the programme with the belief that what he said was correct.

Barntonblue said:
Unprofessional by the hacks, but even more unprofessional by Vicky imo.

She should not be emailing any Tom, Dick or Harry re our tactics with the media and the email should not be put up for public consumption.

Very poor form from Vicky and the OP

awful post

Dubai Blue said:
Beasley's response is, quite frankly, pathetic. He blames his ignorance on having heard a report that he didn't realise had turned out to be completely inaccurate. The irony now, of course, is that thousands of people have heard him spouting this garbage as gospel and in turn believe it to be true. And why wouldn't they? It was said with such conviction after all.

A private apology to City, Vicky Kloss and Damocles is completely meaningless; the damage has already been done and nothing short of a full and frank grovelling public apology should suffice in this case. This guy has access to a national newspaper, numerous TV shows, social networking media and a whole range of radio chat shows, yet as far as I'm aware he has made no attempt to apologise publicly through any of these. To me, that shows exactly how sincere he is.

I agree with this.

Beasley's excuses just don't add up.

The organisation that broke the story about Mancini "at the ground" were Sky.. and they were the ones who later retracted it. So any journos working for Sky must have been aware of this... as it's not often that Sky retract a story.

And the show that Beasley was on when he went off on a rant? A Sky programme...

Maybe he didn't know, but surely one of the other journos on the panel MUST have known... or are they ALL as thick as each other?

And if he's such great mates with the Welsh Taffia, how come during one of his discussions with them, this subject didn't come up? Or are the Welsh Taffia also under the mistaken belief that Mancini was "at the ground"?

I'm still not cionvinced by Beasley's apology. It stinks of him covering his arse in case it gets legal. When he makes that "public" apology then I may rethink my views, but until then I will still believe he knew exactly the shit he was spouting.

OK, here we go. I don't care what people say about City, it doesn't matter what their agenda is, or might be. I don't care what their politics or faith is either. I say to all you outsiders, journalists, managers, fa officials, fifa officials, referees, jealous supporters, rags, BRING IT ON, is that the best you've got.

You see, we will be successful anyway so it really doesn't matter. I laugh at you all. I would rather be hated than pitied or patronised, no more "poor little old city, they've screwed up again". At least they are talking about us now.

Success is coming and when we are celebrating the premiership title or FA/UEFA/Europa cups (see what I did there with the carling cup) not one of us will care about anything these people have to say.

I just choose to have that attitude now.

Any appology from rob beasley will be forced, unmeaningfull and hollow.

Rob has an agenda against city because of the hughes/Bowen/Hitchcock sackings - how do I know this, well he openly admitted to it when I emailed him last Monday.

He is a twunt of the highest order and his only feelings for city are spiteful and resentful, mark my words as soon as the dust settles he'll take another pop.

shipleyblue said:
OK, here we go. I laugh at you all.

"Go boil your bottoms in oil you sons of a window-dresser. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.