Upson

bluefandk said:
bluemoon1078 said:
As long as TBH is still around then Upson will be a big improvement to the squad

True,but he should not just walk into the lineup, Ned imo is a better player than Upson.

I agree 100%, but i am concerned about Nedum's ability to stay fit for a sustained period. I know he did for the latter part of last season but he does seem to struggle with knocks and injuries :(

I think we`re all looking at Ned with our blue coloured glasses on ! Potentially he could be very good, remember
a couple of years ago Richards was the best thing since sliced bread.
Don`t forget Ned was part of our great defence last year and if he was better than Upson surely he be in full
england squad, to gain experience for world cup, rather than an injury prone old man who only missed 1 league
game last year.

IMO both Lescott and Upson are both very Average. They are simply not the calibre of player that will get city where we want to be. Toure is. So is Vinnie. I think both Ned and Micah can be with time. The kind of player we need is Hangeland, Carvalho, Alex, Fazio....top class talent.

Imagine a Toure/Carvalho partnership :-) OH HELL YEA!!!

P.S. Why hasn't anybody mentiond the fact we REALLY need another right sided mid. If SWP gets an injury the only cover we have is Weiss. Don't get me wrong i really like the lad. But i don't think he's quite ready yet. The only other option in my eyes is sticking Ireland out there, and that would be a waist of our best CM......

Carvalho no chance Chelsea wont sell he will play every game for them next season if fit.

This is the problem, forget the impossible for the moment and go with what we can get that will bring us to the level we want to acheive.

Upson is ahead of Lescott in the England pecking order so would surely be a good buy ? Cheaper and less hassle

alera said:
Carvalho no chance Chelsea wont sell he will play every game for them next season if fit.

This is the problem, forget the impossible for the moment and go with what we can get that will bring us to the level we want to acheive.

Carvalho may be hard to get, But not impossible in my opinion. Alex is very possible. As is Hangeland (although we would face a battle from Arsenal and Fulham would only sell for big money, which i wouldn't mind the owners spending as he would be the right man) And as i have said on a few other threads, No bodody has even mentioned Federico Fazio. A 22 year old CB who plays for Savilla. He was the best defender in La Liga last season and has well and truely forced his way into the Argentine national team. He would be quite pricey but he'd probably come. Tevez and Zabo would grease the wheels.

I simply think Lescott is very average. And Upson is one of the most overrated players of the last 10 years.

Would much rather have Hangeland. He's tall and a beast in the air. Toure is skillful and great at carrying the ball out of defence, think they'd work well together. Lescott's not worth more than 10 million (his goals and the fact Everton are a tightly drilled unit mask a very ordinary player) and Upson's nothing special and has a poor injury record.

california blue said:
Upson is a fine player - He's a steady eddie - exactly what we need. In fact i rate him a better defender than lescott

exactly. Might not score as many goals as Lescott but I don't find that nearly as important considering the amount of attacking talent we already have.

leewill31 said:
sam221985 said:
Upson is technically good and calm on the ball, Dunnie hoofs the ball out of play unnecessarily a lot of times when he's under pressure, whereas Upson would retain possession in those situations and pass, a lot more.

this is my one main gripe with dunne he just seems to have no composer what so ever when it comes to putting the ball away safe.

I believe he favours Chopin and Vivaldi.. Sorry..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.