Upson

Anyone that thinks we should stick with Dunne, needs to take a close look at the Celtic goal on Saturday, Celtic had one player in our half when Samaras got the ball, it looks like Killen is 6 or 7 yards ball side of Dunnie and by the time it gets to him he is 5 yards goal side of him. If you think about its actually hard as a defender to fuck that up any worse.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Anyone that thinks we should stick with Dunne, needs to take a close look at the Celtic goal on Saturday, Celtic had one player in our half when Samaras got the ball, it looks like Killen is 6 or 7 yards ball side of Dunnie and by the time it gets to him he is 5 yards goal side of him. If you think about it that actually hard as a defender to fuck that up any worse.

Totally agree.

The goal conceded against Celtic should end the argument once and for all. It was truly schoolboy defending, I would not expect to concede that kind of goal had Dunne been up against David Villa but to totally lose the only opponent in our half when that opponent is Chris Killen is totally unacceptable.

I have never been Upsons biggest fan but I do not see him making Dunne like errors every week on MOTD and therefore he would be a vast improvement on Captain Calamity!

Toure and Upson could be a decent partnership with Ned and Kompany as back up!

BlakeTheBlue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
I actually think weiss is up to it, if he ever has to come on. Hes got to be played some time so why not when swp has an injury.

Anytime Alex has been paired with another top class CB (Terry, Carvalho) he has looked class in my opinion mate. He is sadly under used at Chelsea. I think he would jump at the chance of a shot at a City starting birth. And i think he would be very solid alongside Toure, Vinnie, Ned or even (if he sorts himself out) Micah. Although i think Hughes will play Micah at RB.

If SWP gets a serious long term injury. Then i have real concerns about throwing young Vlad in at the deep end. I still think we need cover in that area. Also we should look at bringing in someone as cover for Stevie Ireland.

We need cover for Ireland desperately. Everyone knows that.

Talking of Martin O'Neill as I did, I have a feeling that one such player, Wesley Sneijder, is Villa bound.

I now see Villa as the team most likely to be challenging for fourth spot. Still too early to make wholesale predictions for who will finish where at the end of the season, as things could change dramatically between now and the end of the transfer window, three weeks today. Villa though look a bigger threat than I thought,

I particularly liked the way they outplayed Juventus, Fiorentina and other in their pre-season matches.

Sneijder is just the sort of player needed to offer better attacking midfield options .

Going back to the defence, with our defensive coach Derek Fazackerly gone, I just hope his replacement is up to the job. Another season of shipping goals like the previous campaign will rule us out of European football for another year. A top class CB is now urgently required to support Toure.

We will get another decent central defender in dont worry.

Untill VIlla replace Barry, Laursen and Zack Night they are siignificantly weaker than last season.

Downing was a poor signing and wont play until December at the earliest, Delph is an excellent prospect but hes 18 and only has 1 season in the third tier under his belt so wont do the business for a while.

They have a solid squad but need at least 3 more quality additions to be where they were at this stage last season.

At the moment they look like our most serious competition for 4 - 6th though certainly much stronger than Everton.

The problem is we have is not had a proper preseason AGAIN and signing the defenders last.

Should have been the first thing we did. I cant really see our team geling and being settled till after Christmas but you never go we might get lucky.

We have 3 very easy opening games on paper but it could end up being one massive bananna skin. We will get murdered if we loose any of those games and fail to pick up at least 7 points.

Anyone that thinks we should stick with Dunne, needs to take a close look at the Celtic goal on Saturday, Celtic had one player in our half when Samaras got the ball, it looks like Killen is 6 or 7 yards ball side of Dunnie and by the time it gets to him he is 5 yards goal side of him. If you think about its actually hard as a defender to fuck that up any worse.

I thought he was poor throughout and I wasn't convinced about his level of effort.

HEs been poor throughout preaseason, looks more distracted than normall which is understandable I guess.

But no where near as bad as Ben Haim, hes cost us a goal every time he has played true to form !

We cant go into the season with him still at the club.

But Dunnie was player of the season for four seasons and he is a loyal servant and he played well for Ireland

kramer said:

But Dunnie was player of the season for four seasons and he is a loyal servant and he played well for Ireland

Lol. He also had a good game against Liverpool 2 years ago!

Going back to the defence, with our defensive coach Derek Fazackerly gone, I just hope his replacement is up to the job. Another season of shipping goals like the previous campaign will rule us out of European football for another year. A top class CB is now urgently required to support Toure.[/quote]

Mate with all due respect, Fazackerly was a joke, whenever we'd go to training you would watch Faz and he didnt have a clue, it was like, what exactly is his job, he was a yes man for Sven, Pearce and Kingy Keegan(:P).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.