Upson

supercity36 said:
TBH id rather give zola 12m than gollum 25. plus if we get upson it means onouha will now start with toure, as opposed to our ned sitting on the bench

No it doesn't.

Upson is in the form of his career right now, is left-footed, English and has been a captain (we're looking to have as many 'leaders' as possible)

This might not be a bad move now, Lescott is looking less and less likely.

supercity36 said:
TBH id rather give zola 12m than gollum 25. plus if we get upson it means onouha will now start with toure, as opposed to our ned sitting on the bench
why would it? dont get me wrong ned is a very good player and great potential, he had a great end to the season and fingers crossed he will turn out to be a cracker.

but alot of people are getting carried away, lescott and upson are both better players than ned at the moment, plus the added bonus of them being left footed to add that balance in the centre of the defence. i know ned is home grown and everything, but IMO upson would improve the team more than with ned in it, as would lescott

i reckon Upson is much better than most on here reckon - has been strongly linked with a gunners return for a long time for a reason

ConnorMCFC said:
supercity36 said:
why would it? dont get me wrong ned is a very good player and great potential, he had a great end to the season and fingers crossed he will turn out to be a cracker.

but alot of people are getting carried away, lescott and upson are both better players than ned at the moment, plus the added bonus of them being left footed to add that balance in the centre of the defence. i know ned is home grown and everything, but IMO upson would improve the team more than with ned in it, as would lescott

This

This signing really smacks the signs of desperation of Hughes trying to appease fans with the signinings of above average/good premiership players when the fundmentals are totally wrong. But hey lets just splash the cash and enjoy the ride before the ejecter seat flips about christmas time me thinks

Mike D said:
This signing really smacks the signs of desperation of Hughes trying to appease fans with the signinings of above average/good premiership players when the fundmentals are totally wrong. But hey lets just splash the cash and enjoy the ride before the ejecter seat flips about christmas time me thinks
I think he will have to fuck things up really badly to get fired before Christmas.

Mike D said:

I don't think this has anything to do with MH's trying to appease fans and everything to do with sorting out our back four. I think he should be looking further a field, to the bundesliga, for example. Saying that Upson is a definite improvement on what we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.