Upson

Wheater and the Huth looked good tonight Oneil was watching them.

richards30 said:
i think upson would be a good solid signing to be honest.we need solid performers and upson is deffo one of them.anyone thing ned could play right back? play ned toure upson bridge?
hi micah, what about you?

smiles,i just reckon that especially for the blackburn game ned offers pace and heading ability against pederson if he plays? i think zabba is amazing but is quite short and i seem to remember blackburn using that tactic a while back.ned with hopefully swp in front of him would be solid out on the right side if we played 4-4-2 with barry protecting bridge.theres obviously micah as well but i think he needs time to get his confidence back and we need to get off to a flying start coz the whole world now wants us to fail.

Upson? No thanks, a decent defender but thats it. I'm sure we would be able to attract a better centre half than Upson

richards30 said:
smiles,i just reckon that especially for the blackburn game ned offers pace and heading ability against pederson if he plays? i think zabba is amazing but is quite short and i seem to remember blackburn using that tactic a while back.ned with hopefully swp in front of him would be solid out on the right side if we played 4-4-2 with barry protecting bridge.theres obviously micah as well but i think he needs time to get his confidence back and we need to get off to a flying start coz the whole world now wants us to fail.

Fair enough but I think MH plays Richards first and Zab second choice. Don't think Onuoha is considered as a RB. He's now Toure's backup at right CB.

It's a yes without any doubt. As time is running out and we badly need a new defender.

smiles,do you reckon kompany will be a cb or dm this season? obviously toure if fit and in form starts,same bridge,if we did sign lescott or upson do you think vinny could be used in defence or midfield? think hes important for us but being injured for bout 6 games isnt the best thing that could have happened!! think upson being left footed helps as well if something happens to bridge then he could be used there,dont think barry would be too keen to do it so upson gives us more options if lescott continues to bottle it.

sam the drummer said:
Can he head the ball well? Hes 6ft 1 and Toure is 6ft I think, is that enough height at the back? hm

People get hung up on height but whats more important is a players vertical leap and Toure can out jump taller palyers meaning the fact he's only 6ft1 on the ground doesnt really matter

TourevBarnsley1stgame.jpg

richards30 said:
smiles,do you reckon kompany will be a cb or dm this season? obviously toure if fit and in form starts,same bridge,if we did sign lescott or upson do you think vinny could be used in defence or midfield? think hes important for us but being injured for bout 6 games isnt the best thing that could have happened!! think upson being left footed helps as well if something happens to bridge then he could be used there,dont think barry would be too keen to do it so upson gives us more options if lescott continues to bottle it.

I think VK is an excellent young player. There's been a lot of talk of him playing as a CB, but since I only know him as a City player I can't really comment on his abilities there. I think he will be second to De Jong in a Makele role this season. MH's obviously likes him so I don't see any reason why he can't force his was back into the starting 11 once he's sorted his foot out.

I can't see MH playing Upson or Barry as cover at LB. It seems that he likes to put Zab there if we're short. Doesn't show much faith in Garrido, must be a right kick in the balls for him seeing that happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.