Upson

alera said:
They are saying its done on there including a number of normally reputable sources (apparently)..........

I feel a bit sorry for West Ham TBH, they are a decent side left in the lurch by those thieving icelandic *****
who is saying it is a done deal..

Good mate of mine from Uni is a West Ham fan. They are always friendly in the pubs when you go down there.

Hope so. Would prefer this deal to Lescott. He is just as good, if not better. He will not cost a ludicrous amount of money and it wont be so bad when we have the confidence to spend on some up and coming better talents. Handing Moyes 30 million is stupidity. He would probably manage to flush out a defender as good as Lescott and a few more reinforcements with that money.

Well they are gutted and say they will badly miss his organisation and a calm head. Exactly what we need plus hes left footed.

Fits the bill for me hope we can get it done quick. Lescott is going to be very pissed off but his own fault.

alera said:
Well they are gutted and say they will badly miss his organisation and a calm head. Exactly what we need plus hes left footed.

Fits the bill for me hope we can get it done quick. Lescott is going to be very pissed off but his own fault.
Agree with this, i think upson will fit in better aswell, his organisation is whta we need in think him and toure will be brilliant at the back...

alera said:

yea especially if upson is a hit here and it pushes lescott down the england pecking order

alera said:

I think Lescott and Upson are of a similar ability to be fair, Lescott gets noticed more because of his goals. Neither would get in a top 4 side but at least we won't get ripped off for Upson to the extent we were for Lescott. If Lescott was that desperate to move to us he'd have gone public, he hasn't and Moyes/Kenwright aren't playing ball (fair play to them) so we move on. I'm not convinced Upson is much of a step up but if we sign him we should all get behind him and hope that playing alongside Toure will get the best out of him. He was at the heart of the defence for West Ham last season and they finished above us, so he must have done something right!

alera said:

To be fair to Lescott I reckon he probably thought like the rest of us that as soon as the bidding got to around £20 million Everton would snap our hands off. Obviously this has not happened and he now finds himself in a position of having to put in a written transfer request knowing that if he does everyone bar City will crucify him in the media. I think he thought it would all go much easier than this!

For me Upson is a worthwhile alternative although my goldfish would be a worthwhile alternative to Dunne!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.