Upton Park memories

W W

worsleyweb

I cannot believe this will be our last ever visit to this ground. Been twice - once under Sven and once when Colin hendry scored in the last minute. Great old ground.

Anyone got any other happy memories!

Hope we go out with a bang there. We should buy the hammers a goodbye gift or flag.

Only been there the once, in the C1C SF in 2014. Me and my dad drove down for hours, had a few in the pub then had to queue 15 minutes down the street to get in busting for a whizz. We got into the pisser, walked onto the concourse again and missed Negredo's goal as we had missed KO!!

Also the match that spelled the end of The Beast's goal reign.

EDIT: Good day in the end, with an airing of "Do you believe in Pantilimon?"

The 0-0 draw in the FA Cup when the excitement of our New Mexican arrival soon turned to realisation that perhaps he wasn't going to be great after all!

Was also at the 0-0 in 2012 and the 1-1 damp squib of a game after Spurs had pipped us to top 4.

The game we got relegated. The scenes after the match were unreal. West ham fans shaking our hands and giving us an ovation outside as we walked to the tube

My first visit November 67 3-2 win,we also won the League that season 67/68.I remember Franny Lee scoring a scorcher 30 yards out,I was 15 at the time and the team travelled back to Manchester on the same train with us.Will be at Upton Pk on Saturday 49 year's after my first visit,happy days.

I've posted this story before but being interviewed by MOTD2 there at Sven's first game. They were supposed to do a 'before and after' interview with me but didn't get to Upton Park in time for the 'before' one. So we did both after the game, with me having to pretend I was just going in and predicting that I'd be happy with a point. Then they moved us so there was a different view behind me and I was gushing about the 2-0 win. I was tempted to "predict" a 2-0 win but I don't think they'd have been too pleased if I had.

I've posted this story before but being interviewed by MOTD2 there at Sven's first game. They were supposed to do a 'before and after' interview with me but didn't get to Upton Park in time for the 'before' one. So we did both after the game, with me having to pretend I was just going in and predicting that I'd be happy with a point. Then they moved us so there was a different view behind me and I was gushing about the 2-0 win. I was tempted to "predict" a 2-0 win but I don't think they'd have been too pleased if I had.

Was that when we thought bianchi was the new superstar?

Been a few times, and have always enjoyed the trip. The Sven game is my highlight, mainly because I thought we were going places, it was the best football we'd seen since Keegan's division 1 (Championship) season, but in the top division. It was a bit premature, and it could have all gone very wrong, but it was the forerunner of where we are now.

The day was great, from singing "what the f*K is going on" positively, to having a great time round Canary Wharf with a few mates after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.