Upton Park memories

The game we got relegated. The scenes after the match were unreal. West ham fans shaking our hands and giving us an ovation outside as we walked to the tube

I agree it was amazing - I though we were going to get slaughtered when they came on the pitch but the ovation was unreal

That was the cup game at West Ham in January 2008. Nery Castillo's debut, I think.

Thats crazy because I was not at that game, yet remember it like it was yesterday. Shows how the mind can play tricks

I agree it was amazing - I though we were going to get slaughtered when they came on the pitch but the ovation was unreal
I was edging my way up the terrace as they came over thinking of saving my skin. It was incredible to be part of. On the way out they lined the street. I have always had a soft spot for them after that day.

Saturday will be my 8th visit to the Boleyn Ground - it's not Upton bloody Park.
First one was 76-77 and I've never seen us win there, though that might have been different had we been given the penalties in the FA Cup game already mentioned. The highlights have been two saved penalties (Joe Corrigan and Alex Williams) and SWP scoring with this head.
Parking is crap so we're parking at Upminster tube.

Thats crazy because I was not at that game, yet remember it like it was yesterday. Shows how the mind can play tricks

To be honest, I'm just going off the date that video was uploaded - suggests it was the cup game, but could be wrong.

I have been lucky enough to have been quite a few times, great atmosphere with real fans, will be sad to see it go.
Loads of memories; my Dad used to take me in the seventies, I remember that game when the West Ham Fan attacked Willie Donachie.
Another game when we were near the top of the 1st Division and we battered them and their new young keeper (Mervyn Day) had a blinder and we drew 0 - 0,I think Mike Doyle got injured and our season fell away after that.
One of my earliest memories, I was about 6 or 7, watching City was being taken to Upton Park and we went into the North Bank, which was their home end then, where they used to have raised terraces in the corners. I remember my Dad trying to sit me on the wall at the back of the stand, but the Hammers in that area who knew we were City fans called us forward and sat me on the front wall of that raised terrace. I can still remember the noise and atmosphere, but could not tell you the result!
I have always said that if I had not already been to Maine Road and fallen in love with City, I would probably be a Hammer now.

To be honest, I'm just going off the date that video was uploaded - suggests it was the cup game, but could be wrong.

My mate gxblue confirmed he was in the city end for Svens first game. Maybe I put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

A lot of games blur into one nowadays sadly. There was a time I could quote results, scorers and even attendances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.