Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Post Match Thread

First half was laboured until the last 10 mins, second half was good. Yes, too many defensive brain farts, but all in all a decent job done.

That was a case of the plan working.

Patience paid off. Got some breaks we’ve been missing recently.

Didn’t over-exert themselves in no doubt difficult conditions.

Hopefully enough in the tank to step it up for the final.

Good win. Hardly an opponent that made life hard for us. Step it up Friday and we will win it.

Kovacic and Nunes good. They need to keep
It up and show themselves in the bigger games. Still their first season with Pep so i expect a lot more next season, esp Nunes.

One of the greatest oxymorons in the universe is Walker being able to ping the ball with pinpoint precision, 60 yards, from right to left, yet he can't cross the ball.

No idea what's going on with Jack.
Jack's still recovering from his hangover.

He's lost that split second decision making it took him a season to get.

He's holding onto the ball too long & taking too many touches which disrupts our play.

He's also become too predictable. 8/10 he'll get the ball, feint at the defenders, turn round & pass back to our left back.

He's currently not even making a case to keep the spot ahead of Doku.

Last edited:
The Japanese fans doing that pogo stick thing were fuckin nuts! It's like they were on Manchester's finest disco dust...

Both Kovacic & Nunes played well. It was against limited opposition, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

The turn & run from Nunes for the opener was absolute class. The through ball from Akanji to Kova was a thing of beauty. Kova still had a lot to do, but he kept to the right side of the defender, & what a fuckin shot into the roof of the net!

Rodri kept everything knitted together, aside from a crazy 5 minutes where he uncharacteristically had 4 brain farts on the trot. Thankfully there was no harm done, but it pisses me off that he even needs to play in matches like this. We're rinsing him dry, & we need to get the Philips situation sorted ASAP!

Grealish needs to quicken up his passing. He kept taking the extra touch, or holding onto the ball too long, which kept breaking up our tempo, & halting our buildup play.

The defence were relatively untroubled, & I prefer us with Aké in the side, as he brings a calmed assurance.

I couldn't believe that Gvardiol passed when in on goal. WTF was he thinking? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Oscar Bobb is getting more & more confident that he belongs at this level every time I see him. He's showing a level of composure beyond his years. The turn on the by-line, & the back heel around the corner to Nunes were just something else!

A few of the squad got a good run out tonight, & over all we did what we needed to do. Roll on Fluminense on Friday.
Spot on re Ake. He is an absolute must in my book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.