Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting off there tomorrow along with many others.
Reading some of the negative posts on here about the tournament maybe we shouldn't bother.
So most of us may not have heard of some of the teams in the competition, but they have got there by winning their various tournaments from around the world, and it's a big deal to most of them.
The title of being called the "best club side in the world" is something the club want, and it's the first time they've had the opportunity to do it.
This tournament will only get bigger in the future. As someone mentioned earlier, that winning it could give the team and club a real boost.
So hopefully it all goes well in the land of sand, and we bring another trophy back with us.
It's probably the same people who said they "hated the CL" till we won it. This season is a warm-up for the FIFA 2025 Club World Cup in USA which will be contested by the best 32 teams in the world. The winners will get up to £150m in prize money (more than the CL) and that doesn't include other commercial revenues.
This is just the start. The FIFA tournament will eventually be as important as the CL and City will be in on it from the beginning. Don't forget most English clubs sneered at European football when it was introduced in the 1950s. Enjoy your trip.

Reading some of the negative posts on here about the tournament maybe we shouldn't bother.
So most of us may not have heard of some of the teams in the competition, but they have got there by winning their various tournaments from around the world, and it's a big deal to most of them.
The title of being called the "best club side in the world" is something the club want, and it's the first time they've had the opportunity to do it.
This tournament will only get bigger in the future. As someone mentioned earlier, that winning it could give the team and club a real boost.
So hopefully it all goes well in the land of sand, and we bring another trophy back with us.
Have a great trip, I really want us to win this, imagine the team photo....5 fooking trophies

Have a good time.

I'm looking forward to the rarity of playing teams from another continent in a proper football setting.

I don't think it will be as easy as it's being made out. Wouldn't put it past FiFA to have already decided the host club will win it.

It's probably the same people who said they "hated the CL" till we won it. This season is a warm-up for the FIFA 2025 Club World Cup in USA which will be contested by the best 32 teams in the world. The winners will get up to £150m in prize money (more than the CL) and that doesn't include other commercial revenues.
This is just the start. The FIFA tournament will eventually be as important as the CL and City will be in on it from the beginning. Don't forget most English clubs sneered at European football when it was introduced in the 1950s. Enjoy your trip.
Great post. This place used to be full of anti-CL rhetoric. Funny how it evaporated after we won it.

Nobody is pretending that this is the biggest prize in football, but it's a trophy we haven't won and one that, if we do win it, raises the stock of the club further. I'm disappointed that I can't be at this one.

Have a good time.

I'm looking forward to the rarity of playing teams from another continent in a proper football setting.

I don't think it will be as easy as it's being made out. Wouldn't put it past FiFA to have already decided the host club will win it.
Wouldn't worry about that - they got knocked out on Friday. If there was a club that FIFA wanted to win it then they'd definitely pick City.

Wouldn't worry about that - they got knocked out on Friday. If there was a club that FIFA wanted to win it then they'd definitely pick City.
Thank fuck for that.

I'm still intrigued to see how City play against South American opposition should we not fuck it up in the semis. The styles of play will be a good advert for FIFA.

Thank fuck for that.

I'm still intrigued to see how City play against South American opposition should we not fuck it up in the semis. The styles of play will be a good advert for FIFA.
Yes, that's exactly as I see it. Fluminense play Al Ahly of Egypt tonight, but the latter played well to dump out the hosts whose team contained Benzema, Kante and Fabinho. Could be a tight game but my money is on the Rio outfit.

Yes, that's exactly as I see it. Fluminense play Al Ahly of Egypt tonight, but the latter played well to dump out the hosts whose team contained Benzema, Kante and Fabinho. Could be a tight game but my money is on the Rio outfit.
I will watch the match later so I know what to expect whoever we end up playing.

Yep. Hopefully some game time for haaland for him to get his shizz back, maybe some warm weather for KDB.
Im not saying we will be back all guns blazing because i think personnel is an issue too but cant see the down side of this trip.

Plus, all the mard arses calling it a mickey mouse cup, fucking try hards is all you are, cracking on youre too cool for skool. Well only the continental champions are invited and thats us!
Also, the club want this trophy . I know this for a fact. They want to be world champs and all the prestige and commercial advantage it brings
Enjoy your trip but that doesn't change the fact that it is a mickey mouse cup.The next important game for our team is away to Everton after Christmas. I hope we win as I do all our games even pre-season but I won't be going out to the pub to watch either of these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.