Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I am mate. Embrace the competitions! We never thought we'd be in them and we're European Champions - I still barely believe it! When they did the CL draw earlier I still got a "how did this happen" moment when they introduced us as champions and we're there amongst the likes of Inter, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Not only that, we're better than them all! And now we're in this club world cup to become the best team in the land and all the world - officially! Love it. And this one is going to get bigger and bigger. FIFA want their piece of the pie and the expanded version in 2025 is just the start. To be on the honours board early is nice if we can do it. For all those who claim they don't really care about it, they should do. If given the choice we might choose other trophies but it's another one to stick in the new museum so suck it up and get behind the lads!

They take it very seriously in South America, Real Madrid always play a strong team in it, as did Pep with Barca. Its a Major honour in my opinion, you need to be the best side in Europe to even play in it!

That's how I am mate. Embrace the competitions! We never thought we'd be in them and we're European Champions - I still barely believe it! When they did the CL draw earlier I still got a "how did this happen" moment when they introduced us as champions and we're there amongst the likes of Inter, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Not only that, we're better than them all! And now we're in this club world cup to become the best team in the land and all the world - officially! Love it. And this one is going to get bigger and bigger. FIFA want their piece of the pie and the expanded version in 2025 is just the start. To be on the honours board early is nice if we can do it. For all those who claim they don't really care about it, they should do. If given the choice we might choose other trophies but it's another one to stick in the new museum so suck it up and get behind the lads!
Definitely, this is a brilliant chance to get our name on the trophy before they expand it. Let's get it won!

Enjoy your trip but that doesn't change the fact that it is a mickey mouse cup.The next important game for our team is away to Everton after Christmas. I hope we win as I do all our games even pre-season but I won't be going out to the pub to watch either of these games.

you'll be one of the first to criticize them I am sure if they fail to win!

It's a major honour to be involved in this competition. Not many teams will ever get the chance to play in it.

and its 6 pm kick off so you can watch it indoors :-)

Setting off there tomorrow along with many others.
Reading some of the negative posts on here about the tournament maybe we shouldn't bother.
So most of us may not have heard of some of the teams in the competition, but they have got there by winning their various tournaments from around the world, and it's a big deal to most of them.
The title of being called the "best club side in the world" is something the club want, and it's the first time they've had the opportunity to do it.
This tournament will only get bigger in the future. As someone mentioned earlier, that winning it could give the team and club a real boost.
So hopefully it all goes well in the land of sand, and we bring another trophy back with us.
Have a top trip mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.