Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen this Japanese side play? I hope we're not up against a team of Mitomas!
If they were the same standard but English teams then, according to Opta…

Fluminense would be Leeds United
Al Ahly would be West Brom
Red Diamonds would be Preston

So all Championship top half.

Anyone seen this Japanese side play? I hope we're not up against a team of Mitomas!

I only saw the "highlights" of their game with Leon...and it wasn't a great standard.

There's a feature on the club website by a Japanese journalist who has said they've got the best defence in the J League but aren't particularly good in attack this season which has cost them.

They take it very seriously in South America, Real Madrid always play a strong team in it, as did Pep with Barca. Its a Major honour in my opinion, you need to be the best side in Europe to even play in it!
I think our owner takes it very seriously too. This will be a high priority. I think this trophy is behind some of Peps head scrathcing line ups recently. He's trying to get everyone fit and firing at the same time.
I'm hoping once this is over and we're back to the Prem that he reduces the rotation and starts picking his best available 11 on a more constant basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.