Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in saying that there may be other English clubs that do eventually participate?
I seem to remember reading that Europe gets 12 places which will presumably be the most recent CL winners supplemented by the highest amongst UEFA coefficients amongst the rest. Both the rags and dippers may end up qualifying if they have half decent seasons in Europe.
Rags and dippers can only qualify if they win it next season.

Am I right in saying that there may be other English clubs that do eventually participate?
I seem to remember reading that Europe gets 12 places which will presumably be the most recent CL winners supplemented by the highest amongst UEFA coefficients amongst the rest. Both the rags and dippers may end up qualifying if they have half decent seasons in Europe.
Think there's a maximum number of two clubs per country. Exception would be if there are 3 (or 4) winners from the same country in a four year cycle.

As I understand it, anyone else from England would have to win it this year or next to qualify.

Think there's a maximum number of two clubs per country. Exception would be if there are 3 (or 4) winners from the same country in a four year cycle.

As I understand it, anyone else from England would have to win it this year or next to qualify.
Thanks for the clarification and thanks to @bluesmith too.
Makes total sense - wouldn't be a good look if one country had too many teams involved.

Yes but there is a maximum of two clubs per country unless more than two from the same country win the CL. For example for United to qualify they have to win the next CL because when they go to the coefficients they will miss English clubs out as we already have two participants.

Brentford home game on 23rd December postponed for this bag of shite.

One of the following for us in the semi-final (our first match).
  • Al-Ittihad (Saudi Arabian)
  • Auckland City (New Zealand)
  • Leon (Mexico)
  • Al Ahly (Egypt)
  • Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan)
Followed by a final against a Brazilian team in all possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.