Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to be in it, but if we weren't we'd all be slagging it off.
Less of the ‘all’. I’ve never slagged any trophies off and always wished we’d play in them one day.

Trophy belittling is a very weird thing, reserved for the biggest bitters who can’t handle that clubs we don’t like have played in them in the past.

Brentford home game on 23rd December postponed for this bag of shite.

One of the following for us in the semi-final (our first match).
  • Al-Ittihad (Saudi Arabian)
  • Auckland City (New Zealand)
  • Leon (Mexico)
  • Al Ahly (Egypt)
  • Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan)
Followed by a final against a Brazilian team in all possibility.
It will also impact the Carabao Cup QF if we're still in at that point, and I would imagine the Crystal Palace league game which is pencilled in on the 16th Dec. Potentially be able to reschedule a CCQF to the free week before the Semi Final 1st leg at the beginning of January.

The semi finals of the World Club Cup will presumably take place either Monday and Tuesday, or both on Tuesday. I would imagine that means we cannot play Palace on the Sunday, and ideally wouldn't play on the Saturday either given the travel time. We could feasibly play Friday night but we have a champions league game the week before so would have to get UEFA to ensure the final group stage game is on the Tuesday.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they postponed the Palace game too, to make it easier.

It will also impact the Carabao Cup QF if we're still in at that point, and I would imagine the Crystal Palace league game which is pencilled in on the 16th Dec. Potentially be able to reschedule a CCQF to the free week before the Semi Final 1st leg at the beginning of January.

The semi finals of the World Club Cup will presumably take place either Monday and Tuesday, or both on Tuesday. I would imagine that means we cannot play Palace on the Sunday, and ideally wouldn't play on the Saturday either given the travel time. We could feasibly play Friday night but we have a champions league game the week before so would have to get UEFA to ensure the final group stage game is on the Tuesday.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they postponed the Palace game too, to make it easier.
I was surprised Palace postponement wasn't announced at same time as Brentford

Less of the ‘all’. I’ve never slagged any trophies off and always wished we’d play in them one day.

Trophy belittling is a very weird thing, reserved for the biggest bitters who can’t handle that clubs we don’t like have played in them in the past.
Growing up, I always felt the FIFA World Club Championship was a huge game when it was simply between the European champions and the South American champions and always seemed to be played in Tokyo. I remember even watching a recording of Liverpool v Independiente in 1984 - back in the days when I didn't hate Liverpool like I do today! - after my dad videoed it on our first VHS player as the match was played during the night and he'd gotten up in the early hours to go to work.

Weirdly, I'm not quite as keen on the current format but can understand why they've extended it to include other teams.

Last edited:
I think you can in the Embassy (no, it’s not a club or hotel; the actual National embassy).
You can if you get invited to a consulate or embassy. They are the only places that you can legally drink there. We used to get invited to the US Consulate in Jeddah occasionally (well I was in a band who used to play there too) and we drank those nights away. The only problem was getting home as the plod there knew what went on and were somethimes waiting to catch someone all pissed up leaving the place...so I usually decided to kip on a bench there for the night and head home in the morning...;)

Brentford home game on 23rd December postponed for this bag of shite.

One of the following for us in the semi-final (our first match).
  • Al-Ittihad (Saudi Arabian)
  • Auckland City (New Zealand)
  • Leon (Mexico)
  • Al Ahly (Egypt)
  • Urawa Red Diamonds (Japan)
Followed by a final against a Brazilian team in all possibility.
That's a pisser. Enjoy a home game the Saturday before Christmas more than a home game on Boxing Day

I was surprised Palace postponement wasn't announced at same time as Brentford
I don't see why we cant play the Palace game on the 16th, the semi is most likely to be on the 19th, 3 days after the Palace game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.