Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd save yourself for the tournament in the US. I think we're extremely likely to win it in December but as an experience it would be worth it in 2025
It was cost at least £10k to see seven games if we are bounced around.

Could be 8 flights and a month's accommodation for a kick off.

Please somebody correct me if I’m wrong but far as I can gather we are guaranteed a semi final slot. No idea when the semi will be played as the final is on a Friday (22 Dec). Also the entire thing is being played in Jeddah. So I’d say the semi is likely to be Mon or Tue?

If the above is true I’m looking at MAN - Jeddah on Sun return on Sat 23 £650 ish
VISA £130
Hotel 6 nights £350
Total £1130

That’s a fair wedge to pay for no beer and not much on offer for tourists. Are shorts allowed or are they classed as disrespectful? And how much is it over there for food/drink? Do they even sell pies? ;-)

I really want to go as a life experience because we’re going to all be dead before we know it. But it’s a lot of money. Will it be worth it?
Do it.

Just as a point of reference .. wearing one of their typical light cotton robes and being commando underneath is cool, comfortable and fairly liberating

Correct, when in Rome do what the Saudis do. Also, what have the Saudis ever done for us and all roads lead to Jeddah. I imagine.

Please somebody correct me if I’m wrong but far as I can gather we are guaranteed a semi final slot. No idea when the semi will be played as the final is on a Friday (22 Dec). Also the entire thing is being played in Jeddah. So I’d say the semi is likely to be Mon or Tue?

If the above is true I’m looking at MAN - Jeddah on Sun return on Sat 23 £650 ish
VISA £130
Hotel 6 nights £350
Total £1130

That’s a fair wedge to pay for no beer and not much on offer for tourists. Are shorts allowed or are they classed as disrespectful? And how much is it over there for food/drink? Do they even sell pies? ;-)

I really want to go as a life experience because we’re going to all be dead before we know it. But it’s a lot of money. Will it be worth it?
With a bit of luck your visit could coincide with a few public stonings, get there early and you could probably take part, but strictly no shorts and tattoos must be covered up.

Personally I'd save yourself for the tournament in the US. I think we're extremely likely to win it in December but as an experience it would be worth it in 2025
The 32-team Club World Cup in the USA will be fantastic. The first proper World Cup for clubs and I am sure it will become a very important trophy as the years go forward. Well worth winning and an amazing trip. I think Sheikh Mansour has invested in it hasn't he? I seem to remember it was mentioned a few years ago.

The 32-team Club World Cup in the USA will be fantastic. The first proper World Cup for clubs and I am sure it will become a very important trophy as the years go forward. Well worth winning and an amazing trip. I think Sheikh Mansour has invested in it hasn't he? I seem to remember it was mentioned a few years ago.
Is this a tournament we’re guaranteed of being in?

Yes and Chelsea. They’re the only English teams unless another one wins the next CL.
Am I right in saying that there may be other English clubs that do eventually participate?
I seem to remember reading that Europe gets 12 places which will presumably be the most recent CL winners supplemented by the highest amongst UEFA coefficients amongst the rest. Both the rags and dippers may end up qualifying if they have half decent seasons in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.