Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price of flights have fluctuated week to week.

It came down circa £300 last week for direct flights so booked Gatwick to Jeddah (18th - 23rd). Hopefully get to see 2 matches.

Said I was gonna go but I'm having 2nd and 3rd thoughts. Idea of paying a fortune to be in a dry state for 5-6 days now doesn't seem quite so appealing. Didn't mind it in Istan and Athens as plenty of blues to sit down and chat, have a beer with. Floating around a bazaar is unappealing and bizarre, sorry.
I'll decide nearer the time but as someone has already mentioned, all the expats coming home same time on co-sponsored flights so not worried about high flight prices.

Speaking to a fair few in Athens that are planning on going to this. Reckon we will take a good 500+ over from the UK. Be great to officially be crowned the best team in the lane and all the world
Interestingly, it coincides with the 25th anniversary of York away, our lowest point. I'm not kidding.

I have been looking at this trip and do fancy it. First time in Club World Cup new country and stadiums to tick off.

Do not have a problem with the alcohol it is what it is. The main problem I foresee is the transport within Jeddah itself. Keep looking at hotels (not cheap) but it seems the only way to get around is by car. If there was an easy option to get from Jeddah to King Abdullah Stadium then that would remove the most difficult part out the trip.

Those that have been will have better knowledge of this. But am I right in thinking unless you plan to rent a car don't bother.

I have been looking at this trip and do fancy it. First time in Club World Cup new country and stadiums to tick off.

Do not have a problem with the alcohol it is what it is. The main problem I foresee is the transport within Jeddah itself. Keep looking at hotels (not cheap) but it seems the only way to get around is by car. If there was an easy option to get from Jeddah to King Abdullah Stadium then that would remove the most difficult part out the trip.

Those that have been will have better knowledge of this. But am I right in thinking unless you plan to rent a car don't bother.
Uber is available seemingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.