Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber is available seemingly.

Used Uber abroad often even as recently as in Athens. Not sure I would be to confident in them turning up at a stadium that is a 4 mile walk from my hotel.
A metro/rail system would be better.

Used to be played in Japan. Much better in the middle East. This competition is massive for South American fans and their players. Believe it or not it is revered in those parts so I expect Ederson and Alvarez to be pumped for this and encouraging their teammates to take it very seriously!
In that case it should be held in Brazil or Argentina or Uruguay instead of just following the money.

Used Uber abroad often even as recently as in Athens. Not sure I would be to confident in them turning up at a stadium that is a 4 mile walk from my hotel.
A metro/rail system would be better.
Agreed I think it's unlikely you'll be able to get one from the ground, I'm expecting some sort of bus service to and from the stadium.

Not sure where the "to and from" is though - the corniche (seafront) maybe?

I'm hoping it's feasible to attend the 3rd place play off and the final on the same day, so am hoping there will be a bus between the two grounds but maybe that's optimistic.

Agreed I think it's unlikely you'll be able to get one from the ground, I'm expecting some sort of bus service to and from the stadium.

Not sure where the "to and from" is though - the corniche (seafront) maybe?

I'm hoping it's feasible to attend the 3rd place play off and the final on the same day, so am hoping there will be a bus between the two grounds but maybe that's optimistic.
I thought both games would be at the same ground, one after the other.

Any idea when the draw for this will be?
The draw takes place on 7th September at 7pm (UK time). It’s all happening at the Park Hyatt hotel in Jeddah.
As others have said, the South American representatives won’t be confirmed until after the Copa Libertadores final in November.

I thought both games would be at the same ground, one after the other.
I'm expecting the 3rd place play off to be played at the Prince Abdullah Al Faisal Stadium, .

and the final at King Abdullah Sport City Stadium
kasm_top.jpg

One semi final at each ground (presumably sorted out at the draw or shortly after).

Last edited:
In that case it should be held in Brazil or Argentina or Uruguay instead of just following the money.
Good point! But imagine the cauldron and the atmosphere of the two big Argentinian or Brazil clubs! I for one would be shitting myself visiting the Estadio Monumental or Estadio Alberto J. Armando as an away fan!

I doubt FIFA would risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.