Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you drink anywhere in saudi? after a quick google search it would appear not.

don't fancy a sober trip

can you drink anywhere in saudi? after a quick google search it would appear not.

don't fancy a sober trip
I worked over there for a short time and unofficially in places like BAE compounds they have bars with alcohol so start getting friendly with BAE staff if you plan to visit :)

We have just suffered 2 years of covid.
England now play in competitions against Macedonia and Andorra because FIFA want even more money.
Those would be the UEFA Euro Qualifiers, hardly a new or money-grabbing fixture.

The new-ish, and potentially money-grabbing fixtures, would be the Nations League, a competition in which the structure ensures you play against similar level teams… although since we have performed badly enough in it to get relegated to the second division, that does mean fixtures against Kazakhstan and Albania in 2024-25.

Last edited:

don't fancy a sober trip
If you're up for a road trip, it takes about 5 hours to travel from Bahrain (where you can legally drink) to Riyadh. Alternatively, you could consider flying in and out from there for games, if they are located further away. Expensive tho.

As a New Yorker who was directly affected by the September 11th attacks, the fact that Saudi Arabia is hosting the Club World Cup puts a stain on the entire event for me.
Saudi Arabia are about as responsible for those planes as Jeb Bush.

It’s an awful regime, but let’s not conflate it with Al-Qaeda.

But how many innocent people have died as a result of the US' foreign policies?

I never like mixing sport with politics, it's only ever a negative thing to do and since the formation of almost every sport worldwide, politics, power and corruption have been there. Best to focus on the football itself or we should all go and work for the Guardian.

I'd rather it wasn't in Saudi, but I want us to win it.

I want to win it, was merely responding to a post that Saudi had no dabs on 9/11.

If you're up for a road trip, it takes about 5 hours to travel from Bahrain (where you can legally drink) to Riyadh. Alternatively, you could consider flying in and out from there for games, if they are located further away. Expensive tho.
thanks - I am probably going to fly to dubai first have 4/5 nights there and then fly to saudi for the games.

dubai seems to be alot more relaxed/accomadating of the western lifestyle.

As a New Yorker who was directly affected by the September 11th attacks, the fact that Saudi Arabia is hosting the Club World Cup puts a stain on the entire event for me.
I stayed with friends in Manhattan just 2 years before the 9/11 attack, one worked in the UN building, I was worried for her that day but in my lifetime apart from my parents deaths I don’t think I’ve ever been so affected by an event, I couldn’t cope with life for a good few months, it was horrendous. I’ve been back to New York a few times since, I love the City and the people, it’s so inclusive and for me the greatest City I’ve ever visited.

2 home games in that time will have to get rearranged.
Palace and Brentford.
Luton away 3 days before and Everton Boxing day might get moved as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.