Us and Them

clarkie_ni said:
Goo said:
United fans aren't football fans. They've bought into a brand the same way you would when you wear a Rolex watch or drive a Ferrari just to be seen with it. Their attitude is like someone with short man syndrome. Must support the most successful club because it portrays them as successful people. It's pathetic really. It's not support, it's mutually beneficial attachment.

It's always the same with them, they don't give a shit until they're winning something, and it's embarrassing. I live with a rag and he typifies this mentality. I've never gloated to him once outside of the QPR final game last season. Even after the 1-6 or the FA cup semi final, I never say anything. I'd rather ring my old man and celebrate than goad that lot. Yet every time something happens at City, or if there are slip ups, he's texting me instantly.

They're totally different to us, and totally different to other clubs. No fan in world football respects them or their fans.

the posts of all posts my friend. you deserved a noble prize!

"I'd like to thank my family, friends, and all the members of Bluemoon who made this post possible..." haha

The good news is that City becoming United's equals (on the pitch, I mean; we were always above them off the pitch) really has upset a lot of United fans - they just hate the thought of the "little bitter blues" that they've always laughed at, actually beating them to the title. It has disturbed their world view.

That's why their only 2 responses are:
a) to claim we cheated or bought the title
b) to jump on any time City get anything slightly wrong and go completely overboard (like going out of Europe or the Derby).

But I'm afraid United fans are the worst for loving to hand out stick, but being completely incapable of taking any back. They are awful like that.

But I can understand United attracting arrogant people, and people that only like to be associated with "winners" ... what I find harder to understand is why the United players, management and club officials have to be such arrogant unpleasant people too, and so determined to squash City under their heels. They all struggle to contain their bile and malevolence, from Ferdinand to Ferguson. EVen their ex-players have a go at City whenever possible. And even this attempt by United as a club to "do the right thing by football and introduce fair play in the Premier League" is pretty obviously just a way to punish City for having the audacity to challenge them.

You can see how they got the nickname 'scum'.
All rather sad, really.

Blue2112 said:
There really is a difference between the two sets of clubs, management, players and ex-players. And there really is a difference in the characteristics of what makes them them and us us.

From what I can see our club has always acted professionally and with the utmost respect towards them both on and off the pitch. I've never seen any crass remarks on twitter (I still find it incredible the remarks towards the Toure's was swept under the carpet). I've never seen any City players run towards Uniteds end and stand there barrel chested huffed out beating it and giving it the hand gesture to come on and have a go, yes you Wayne Rooney and yes you Ashley Young walking back to the half way line goading the East stand along the way. It's been the same for years, Rooney always does that run towards the City fans when they come on the pitch glaring and being provacative and he did it today. His first goal today he just couldn't stop himself sliding on his knees to the City fans. Ferdinand is just a typical big mouthed gobshite and as captain sums them up perfectly. Phil Neville still likes to have a go at us in all the years he's been with Everton. Gary Neville when he was on the tochline a few years ago at O/T. I could go on...

I see it in their fans when I talk to them, they've called us bitter for years but I think they say that because it's a trait they're all too familiar with. They've hated and sung about every club that has ever challenged them as if 'how dare they' and now they can't stop singing about us and by the number of ex-players lining up for interviews it seems they can't stop talking about us.

Fergurson has without doubt created a backs to the wall attitude and it's always them against the world at every opportunity but for all the success it's brought them I really wouldn't want it to happen here. I despise everything about their make-up, about their DNA and what makes them Manchester 'Global Brand, Worlds Biggest Club, Win At All Costs' United Football Club.

I'm all for the banter both ways, but I really think they regularly step too far over the line. Great win for them today but FFS the reactions were way over the top once again.

For all our unsuccessful years if I never saw City lift another trophy they could never take away last season and I really don't think they get that sense of feeling and understand it.
I absolutely agree we what you are saying. Having said that, I also think it is what gives them their edge.

Blue2112 said:
There really is a difference between the two sets of clubs, management, players and ex-players. And there really is a difference in the characteristics of what makes them them and us us.

From what I can see our club has always acted professionally and with the utmost respect towards them both on and off the pitch. I've never seen any crass remarks on twitter (I still find it incredible the remarks towards the Toure's was swept under the carpet). I've never seen any City players run towards Uniteds end and stand there barrel chested huffed out beating it and giving it the hand gesture to come on and have a go, yes you Wayne Rooney and yes you Ashley Young walking back to the half way line goading the East stand along the way. It's been the same for years, Rooney always does that run towards the City fans when they come on the pitch glaring and being provacative and he did it today. His first goal today he just couldn't stop himself sliding on his knees to the City fans. Ferdinand is just a typical big mouthed gobshite and as captain sums them up perfectly. Phil Neville still likes to have a go at us in all the years he's been with Everton. Gary Neville when he was on the tochline a few years ago at O/T. I could go on...

I see it in their fans when I talk to them, they've called us bitter for years but I think they say that because it's a trait they're all too familiar with. They've hated and sung about every club that has ever challenged them as if 'how dare they' and now they can't stop singing about us and by the number of ex-players lining up for interviews it seems they can't stop talking about us.

Fergurson has without doubt created a backs to the wall attitude and it's always them against the world at every opportunity but for all the success it's brought them I really wouldn't want it to happen here. I despise everything about their make-up, about their DNA and what makes them Manchester 'Global Brand, Worlds Biggest Club, Win At All Costs' United Football Club.

I'm all for the banter both ways, but I really think they regularly step too far over the line. Great win for them today but FFS the reactions were way over the top once again.

For all our unsuccessful years if I never saw City lift another trophy they could never take away last season and I really don't think they get that sense of feeling and understand it.

I think you speak for us all, well said.

Blue2112 said:

Spot on.

It's also the exact reason I would never want Mourinho as our manager. He would suit United down to the ground. He'd just be another cünt, at a club full of cünts, followed by cünts.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm --<br /><br />
i8rags said:
I hate the rag twats more than I love city. It used to be a condition of membership.
I don't. It's slightly sad that you do.

I went to hospital last night and in the waiting room was a 90-odd year old woman. The game came on the tele (MOTD2) and I heard her say "oh did United win?...never liked them, they've always been a arrogant lot for as long as I can remember!".

we are man city,, one of a kind,, we know what its like to be down,, them arrogant bastards dont,, thats what makes us unique,,, many many more trophys will come to our great club,, ctid

pedrospiderpig said:
we are man city,, one of a kind,, we know what its like to be down,, them arrogant bastards dont,, thats what makes us unique,,, many many more trophys will come to our great club,, ctid
As the song say's
We get Knocked down
but we get up again
you're never going to keep us down

Blue2112 said:

Fergie's 99 questions will come back Saville style once the loathsome scum bag is dead. I hope their club crumbles like Atlantis into the sea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.