US Politics Thread

Donald Trump has defeated Nikki Haley in the South Carolina Republican primary, NBC News has projected.

The result will further cement his grip on the race to be his party's nominee for president.

Mr Trump claimed his fourth straight primary win on Saturday, handing an embarrassing loss to his last remaining major rival in her home state.

She's staying in on the hope that he's toast legally and that'll give her the opportunity to go to the polls again Biden.
In the immediate future she is staying in as it means the RNC cannot publicly support him and pay towards his legal fees and fines, hence him being in meltdown demanding she get out.

As it stands he will have to use ‘his’ money to pay them and that’s his biggest nightmare.

In the immediate future she is staying in as it means the RNC cannot publicly support him and pay towards his legal fees and fines, hence him being in meltdown demanding she get out.

As it stands he will have to use ‘his’ money to pay them and that’s his biggest nightmare.
I’m not sure if I’m getting this right, are you saying that he can use campaign donations to pay his personal legal fees?

Seems every strange, like that bloke who has just been done for abusing the NRA funds in my mind.

I’m not sure if I’m getting this right, are you saying that he can use campaign donations to pay his personal legal fees?

Seems every strange, like that bloke who has just been done for abusing the NRA funds in my mind.
Correct. He is pushing his daughter in law as the new RNC head to funnel donations to himself.

A Republican has drafted a bill to stop the RNC paying his legal fees but has little support and it wouldn’t be binding anyway.

Correct. He is pushing his daughter in law as the new RNC head to funnel donations to himself.

A Republican has drafted a bill to stop the RNC paying his legal fees but has little support and it wouldn’t be binding anyway.
What a strange turn of events, using funds that are specific for campaigning and syphoning them off for personal gain.

Absolutely nuts, may as well just pay all the funds into his personal bank account.

Once again a Trump/MAGA result that seems to way underperform all polling.

According to the 538 poll of polls his average lead was 61.6-34.0 = 27.6 points. The very worst poll for Trump out of the twelve or so done this month had him with a 21 point lead. Some polls had him leading by 45 points! He has actually won by 20.3%. Worse than the worst polling - and he failed to break 60% of the total vote share. In one of the Trumpiest states with the most engaged Republican voters he can’t even get 60% running as the de facto candidate. Compare this to Biden getting 96% as the de facto candidate despite all the flack and criticism he’s been taking.

Don’t get me wrong, this is still a win for Trump - and he will win the nomination easily, but it shows that:
1. The polls predicting Trump/MAGA support continue to consistently overestimate by about 7 points - roughly the same value for every primary/caucus so far.
2. With this in mind Nikki Haley actually does have a chance of carrying some states on Super Tuesday and eroding his dominance.
3. Trump’s general election signals should be sounding an alarm in GOP base. About a quarter of his own base seem to be refusing to vote for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.