US Politics Thread

Is Harris a bit obsessed with race? She refers to “my people” meaning people of colour. Let it go, Ms Harris and just be you.
If she majored on women’s reproductive rights etc, she would win.

All the likely subjects have already said explicitly or hinted that they’re behind her. They throw this open at the convention and there’s a fight they have no prayer. Must show unity. I would assume the usual suspects knew about this a bit beforehand and were told “back her or you’re going to be ostracized.”
There might be advantage in having a contest. Just to maintain news interest so Harris and a.n.other can both get coverage not for laying into each other but for laying into Trump. Just for both to say "If my fellow candidate wins the nomination, I'm not going to bleat that the election was rigged. I'll leave that sort of whining to ex President Trump".

But that's the system isn't it? they have had 4 years to change it but they haven't. If he gets in again under the same system what are they going to moan about for 4 years?
Is this a poor Clarkie? Why would the guy who didn't get a majority of votes want to change the system that still saw him elected?

This was sadly inevitable.

Maybe that disastrous showing on the debate will turn out to be a blessing. Think Harris running reduces the chances of Trump winning, but no idea by how much.

Tables have been turned, Trump calling Biden a doddering old man not fit for office. Trump is now what he eats but also with the baggage of inciting insurrection. Trump wanted to face off against Biden to get an easier pathway to the Whitehouse, Harris stepping into the ring puts a new spin he wasn’t prepared for.

I can't really imagine the USA voting in a black woman.
Sounds like how they couldn't vote for a Black man until they voted for one 2icd over the most Popular Democrat's wife and a war hero.

Somehow, there are still people peddling this nonsense about racism and sexism and people buy it.

Nikky Haley is an Indian Woman who became Governor of a State.

Gretchen Whitney the same. Did the same people who aren't going to vote for them because they are women just forgot to do so in their State elections?

If Kamala Harris doesn't win, it would have nothing to do with her race or sex and everything to do with her bey a weak presidential candidate.

Enough with the false racism/sexism claims. Newsflash there are more people who'd vote for you specifically because you are black or a woman than there are those who wouldn't because you are those things.

I’ve only seen Mayor Pete in the Democrat debates before the last election, but he impressed me.

As you say, he is still young in presidential terms, and I agree that the American public isn’t ready for a gay president.
While I disagree on the America wouldn't vote for a woman or a minority nonsense, I will agree that a gay President might still be a tougher one.

There are portions of the Democratic coalition that's more religious than most Lefties would like. Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims the race coalition are generally more conservative than the white liberals, so they'd probably not be as full throated about supporting a gay candidate.

Tables have been turned, Trump calling Biden a doddering old man not fit for office. Trump is now what he eats but also with the baggage of inciting insurrection. Trump wanted to face off against Biden to get an easier pathway to the Whitehouse, Harris stepping into the ring puts a new spin he wasn’t prepared for.
I mean, they kinda were prepared for it. For a Month or so now they've been name dropping both Biden and Harris in their attacks...

I think it was mostly the Democrat base that was late to the party.

I mean the early debate itself was set up to facilitate pushing out Biden before it was too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.