US Politics Thread

Wouldn’t get your hopes up she’s embarrassing

Not sure that’s the best barometer for her prospects. You could show pretty much any politician in the modern era in a reel like that, incanting some mantra that they’ve been honed to repeat. Like Sunak talking of Labour having ‘no plan’, or Starmer talking about ‘chaos’ with the Tories.

Biden steps down, Harris to take over Democrat nomination. Most I suspect are happy with this. Surely as UK residents we dont need to know much more than this as headline news. The details and endless analysis can be presented on so called back pages.

Wouldnt it be better for the actions and policies of our new government and other UK events plus world events to make the headlines. Instead the BBC and to an extent Sky have seemingly gone into overdrive about the US election and all it's implications. The BBC did this 4 years ago and got rightly criticised by some for their endless coverage, when im convinced the majority of people in the UK are not that bothered.
The implications for Europe and the UK for the presidential election are greater than for any, post WW2. It’s hugely newsworthy as it will shape our direction of travel for the next decade and beyond.

Biden steps down, Harris to take over Democrat nomination. Most I suspect are happy with this. Surely as UK residents we dont need to know much more than this as headline news. The details and endless analysis can be presented on so called back pages.

Wouldnt it be better for the actions and policies of our new government and other UK events plus world events to make the headlines. Instead the BBC and to an extent Sky have seemingly gone into overdrive about the US election and all it's implications. The BBC did this 4 years ago and got rightly criticised by some for their endless coverage, when im convinced the majority of people in the UK are not that bothered.
There does seem to be an obsession on here about US politics. Over 1750 pages, and counting.

By the way; back pages are generally about sport!

I think the Dems are going to have go full bastard on him to do so.

All the stuff he's projected at Biden should be thrown back at him. Project 2025 will only go so far as in a few voters who'll look it up and understand what it means.

He's all about ego. The more they dig him out, the more erratic and angry he'll get.
Agree, all the pressure on performance is now on Trump. He routinely got Bidens name wrong. Called him Obama etc.

Harris can go all out attack, call him a rapist etc. The whataboutery they used with Biden won't work the same with Harris.

The discussion last night said that there was going to be a virtual roll call planned already for 2 weeks time, regardless of who was standing. The Convention is then 2 weeks after that.

The Republicans are going to be repeating their attack points, and seem agitated about the legality of the raised funds being transferred on - I would hope that big donors are asked to send letters supporting the transfer just in case it's needed. Presumably there isn't time to set up a court case and then appeal that to SCOTUS!
I'd imagine the law is sufficiently grey.

I read yesterday that owners of firms that are significant receivers of state subsidy are banned from making political donations.

Elon Musk has just committed 50m a month to Trump.

True on your last point and hopefully on your first, possibility she may stumble with the amount of pressure she is now under.
I doubt that very much.

She is an accomplished lawyer and politician, who has had four years working closely with the most powerful man in the Western world.

She is a great orator with a brilliant mind.

I'd imagine the law is sufficiently grey.

I read yesterday that owners of firms that are significant receivers of state subsidy are banned from making political donations.

Elon Musk has just committed 50m a month to Trump.

Musk is no surprise - I don't think anyone expects anything that would stand up to scrutiny but he's got the bully pulpit to go wild.

It would seem a bit odd to not allow some method of passing on the campaign fund, as accidents happen. Grey is good!

There does seem to be an obsession on here about US politics. Over 1750 pages, and counting.

By the way; back pages are generally about sport!
I agree, but politics even US is a very hot topic for some on this forum which is fair enough.

I meant lower order than headlines. Than back pages.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up she’s embarrassing

The ludicrousness of someone posting this pretty run of the mill compilation of gaffs that could be done for any politician on earth and stating it is “embarrassing” whilst continually shilling for the racist fascist rapist who has the highest lie-to-word-spoken and gaff-to-word-spoken rates in modern American political history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.