US Politics Thread

I don't think I have, you don't believe someone suggesting their cultural spaces need protecting isn't racism?
No, it is not.

HCBUs are not an example of racism. I explained to you in detail their origins and their missions. I showed you that not only are black Americans not “segregating themselves” in HCBUs, those school were some of the only ones that never actually segregated their student bodies.

If you actually read the entirety of the page you posted you would see they are talking about preserving the cultural heritage of the school, which is absolutely a right people have.

Looks like exceptions are made because of historical context, it's hard to look at what I posted and say it's anything but racism.
Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I just don't think you fully understand what you're talking about. 30 minutes ago you were asking if colleges were segregated, now you're saying HBCU's are racist, so I think you're just a little all over the place here

No, it is not.

HCBUs are not an example of racism. I explained in detail their origins and their missions.

If you actually read the entirety of the page you posted you would see they are talking about preserving the cultural heritage of the school, which is absolutely a right people have.

I honestly think you are doing this wrong, it's racism when you actively dislike another race and promote your own. All under the guise of preserving cultural heritage.

America needs to move on because all I have heard from this election so far is plain old race baiting.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but I just don't think you fully understand what you're talking about. 30 minutes ago you were asking if colleges were segregated, now you're saying HBCU's are racist, so I think you're just a little all over the place here
I don’t think they are.

I think he has a world view that historically oppressed people that founded their own institutions because they were oppressed (and were historically not allowed access to the institutions founded by white people) are racist for wanting to preserve the cultural heritage of those institutions they founded, even when it has absolutely no negative impact on white people (in fact, it likely has a positive impact on white people).

I honestly think you are doing this wrong, it's racism when you actively dislike another race and promote your own. All under the guise of preserving cultural heritage.

America needs to move on because all I have heard from this election so far is plain old race baiting.
Ok, mate, I think you are very wrong on this subject but I see that I am not going to convince you of that, so I will concede this is your worldview.

I think he has a world view that historically oppressed people that founded their own institutions because they were oppressed (and were historically not allowed access to the institutions founded by white people) are racist for wanting to preserve the cultural heritage of those institutions they founded, even when it has absolutely no negative impact on white people (in fact, it likely has a positive impact on white people).

Not even close, but even if you were right the term here is "historical", you can't get rid of racism without removing it.

What's weird is that this whole episode in US politics is driven by race and other minority interests other than the economy and the real issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.