US Politics Thread

Pence and Christie to join the Presidential party race later.
Trump has a solid 30-40% base who will vote for him whatever. Pence and Christie are just going to dilute the vote and ensure a Trump nomination.

Unless they can find a candidate who galvanises the field and picks up the 40 - 50% needed to unseat Trump as the candidate, the GOP could be dead and buried after the next election. I say could, because there is a LONG way to go yet.

Things are going to get VERY messy.

Trump has a solid 30-40% base who will vote for him whatever. Pence and Christie are just going to dilute the vote and ensure a Trump nomination.

Unless they can find a candidate who galvanises the field and picks up the 40 - 50% needed to unseat Trump as the candidate, the GOP could be dead and buried after the next election. I say could, because there is a LONG way to go yet.

Things are going to get VERY messy.
For months running I've consistently expressed the opinion that this precise scenario would unfold - namely that Trump will win the Republican nomination for President by a landslide. Why? Because of the factors you mentioned which have long since been known.

Trump has a locked-in 30% or so of Republicans who will vote for him no matter what;
The Republican field will be crowded - diluting the anti-Trump vote;
Legal proceedings against Trump will bolster his popularity among some Republicans, further increasing his edge over contenders.
===
I've also long stated that this is excellent news for Democrats. Trump is such a divisive a figure - and growing even more so - that he's very unlikely to win election to the Presidency. Furthermore, his mere presence on the ticket will detract from downstream Republican chances.
====
Finally, a more recent prediction of mine, is that Democrats will benefit from a huge Blue Wave in 2024. I think that voters are fed up with the divisive "own the Dems" rhetoric of the MAGA party. Another big factor is that the overturn of Roe by the MAGA Supreme Court is enormously unpopular. Finally, Republicunts are on the wrong side of every single social issue I can think of: gun control, LGBTQ rights, abortion, vaccination, climate change...

The only way I foresee that a huge Blue Wave fails to manifest in 2024 is that the economy worsens substantially and that Republicans are able to capitalize on this.

Last edited:
For month's running I've thought that this precise scenario would unfold - namely that Trump will win the Republican nomination for President by a landslide. Why? Because of the factors you mentioned which have long since been known.

Trump has a locked-in 30% or so of Republicans who will vote for him no matter what;
Legal proceedings against Trump will bolster his popularity among some Republicans, further increasing his edge over Republican contenders.
===
I've also long stated that this is excellent news for Democrats. Trump is such a divisive a figure - and growing even more so - that he's very unlikely to win election to the Presidency, and by his mere presence on the ticket, will detract from downstream Republican chances.
====
Finally, a more recent prediction of mine, is that Democrats will benefit from a huge Blue Wave in 2024. I think that voters are fed up with the divisive "own the Dems" rhetoric of the MAGA party. Another big factor is that the overturn of Roe by the MAGA Supreme Court is going to be punished. Finally, Republicunts are on the wrong side of every single social issue I can think of: gun control, LGBTQ rights, abortion, vaccination, climate change...

The only way I foresee that a huge Blue Wave fails to manifest in 2024 is that the economy worsens substantially and that Republicans are able to capitalize on this.
This was what I suspected they were trying to do with the debt ceiling.

This was what I suspected they were trying to do with the debt ceiling.
Yup. I'm pretty sure they flirted with crashing the economy, but they would have pissed off most of their big donors and there was no way to pin it on the Dem's.

All Biden has to do it keep an even keel and keep the job numbers ticking over in the right direction. As long as inflation doesn't start creep up too much he'll be fine.

For months running I've consistently expressed the opinion that this precise scenario would unfold - namely that Trump will win the Republican nomination for President by a landslide. Why? Because of the factors you mentioned which have long since been known.

Legal proceedings against Trump will bolster his popularity among some Republicans, further increasing his edge over contenders.
===
I've also long stated that this is excellent news for Democrats. Trump is such a divisive a figure - and growing even more so - that he's very unlikely to win election to the Presidency. Furthermore, his mere presence on the ticket will detract from downstream Republican chances.
====
Finally, a more recent prediction of mine, is that Democrats will benefit from a huge Blue Wave in 2024. I think that voters are fed up with the divisive "own the Dems" rhetoric of the MAGA party. Another big factor is that the overturn of Roe by the MAGA Supreme Court is enormously unpopular. Finally, Republicunts are on the wrong side of every single social issue I can think of: gun control, LGBTQ rights, abortion, vaccination, climate change...

It is true you called it correctly and my God did DeSantis end up an absolute joke. I didn't expect that; I realiz(s)ed it long after you did. Then I called him the Mike Dukakis of the GOP but that wasn't the half of it. What an absolute fuckhammer.

It is true you called it correctly and my God did DeSantis end up an absolute joke. I didn't expect that; I realiz(s)ed it long after you did. Then I called him the Mike Dukakis of the GOP but that wasn't the half of it. What an absolute fuckhammer.
He's courting the Trump base with his anti-woke crusade. He clearly thinks it's a winning strategy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.