US Politics Thread

Trump has a solid 30-40% base who will vote for him whatever. Pence and Christie are just going to dilute the vote and ensure a Trump nomination.

Unless they can find a candidate who galvanises the field and picks up the 40 - 50% needed to unseat Trump as the candidate, the GOP could be dead and buried after the next election. I say could, because there is a LONG way to go yet.

Things are going to get VERY messy.
On the other hand, having umpteen other candidates all saying Trump isn't fit to govern might reduce that base. Then it would need each dropped-out candidate to endorse the most likely to beat Trump. That could be De Santis of course ...

On the other hand, having umpteen other candidates all saying Trump isn't fit to govern might reduce that base. Then it would need each dropped-out candidate to endorse the most likely to beat Trump. That could be De Santis of course ...
His base vote has been thus far solid. The man himself said ' I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a single vote'. He wasn't wrong.

Unfortunately the Hispanic community is very fragmented in the United States. Cuban American immigrants tend to be whiter and more conservative than their counterparts and vote accordingly.
The Cubans were mostly immigrants escaping what they feared from Castro and the Revolution. Many others fled fascist military dictatorships. Some just wanted a better life.

It sounds like the religious left might be gearing up for a fight against the nutjobs.

ihave loved this guy and evryone else iknow loves him to.he thinks thr two partys are corupted andi agree. he will take votes sfrom maryan wiliamson biden trump and rfk.i dont know about hte party hes runing with but i dont care we need him. hes smart can walk and talk and remeber shit.he might switch but well see. hes got my vote

Trump has a solid 30-40% base who will vote for him whatever. Pence and Christie are just going to dilute the vote and ensure a Trump nomination.

Unless they can find a candidate who galvanises the field and picks up the 40 - 50% needed to unseat Trump as the candidate, the GOP could be dead and buried after the next election. I say could, because there is a LONG way to go yet.

Things are going to get VERY messy.
Trump does have a rabid base but every political base has a fringe or a soft edge that can be chipped away at.

Trumps prior success was a coalition of MAGA types (typically poorly educated voters who follow fox news and little else) but also traditional suburban GOP voters. That latter group are the ones that are much less visible but big in number and will very much be questioning who they want to vote for. They would prefer a Pence type but his brand is tainted and support so low it hardly seems worth it. But if someone other than Trump started to gain ground there are votes out there.

It's unlikely but plenty of time for things to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.