US Politics Thread

I suspect the reason the most spineless MAGAs are “folding” is because they know Jordan doesn’t have the votes. Now they can go on record saying they support him but when he loses it’s not their fault. Using the bravery/duty of moderate Republicans as a shield for their own cowardice — like all cowards.
Assuming Jordan thinks he has enough votes. I would imagine that when it goes to the floor it's odds on he losses.

Don't underestimate how much these people dislike each other. I bet some are hoping for the chance to humiliate him.

I think the war gaming scenario that is most likely is that this goes all the way way up to the shut down deadline, then gop will have a choice of vote in a McCarthy clone or the moderates will do some deal with Dems where a funding package is agreed and goes through . The GOP won't want a shut down so something has to give.

Assuming Jordan thinks he has enough votes. I would imagine that when it goes to the floor it's odds on he losses.

Don't underestimate how much these people dislike each other. I bet some are hoping for the chance to humiliate him.

I think the war gaming scenario that is most likely is that this goes all the way way up to the shut down deadline, then gop will have a choice of vote in a McCarthy clone or the moderates will do some deal with Dems where a funding package is agreed and goes through . The GOP won't want a shut down so something has to give.
Agree with all of this. The problem is that so few have the courage to risk dying on their sword like Cheney and Romney did. Has to be the moderates who aren’t in districts where being primaried by a MAGA is a risk. But I think they think if they can hold the line here they can blunt MAGA extremism/idiotism, Congress-ionally speaking.

Agree with all of this. The problem is that so few have the courage to risk dying on their sword like Cheney and Romney did. Has to be the moderates who aren’t in districts where being primaried by a MAGA is a risk. But I think they think if they can hold the line here they can blunt MAGA extremism/idiotism, Congress-ionally speaking.
This MAGA ploy is an act of self harm. It will be killing them in terms of polling and fundraising. At some point it's going to boil over.

Jordan is an absolute **** of the highest order. His gerrymandered-to-fuck district contains some of the worst of Ohio, who are guaranteed to vote him in no matter what. The kind of folk who honestly think democrats will take away their guns, force them into atheism, late-term abort all the babies and, worst of all, sell the house next door to black people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.