US Politics Thread

Jordan's strong-arm tactics designed to pressure moderate Republicans to vote for him under threat of being primaried seems not to have worked, at least thus far.

My guess is that Jordan may try doubling down by having Trump make some sort of televised appearance and press release on his behalf, naming and possibly doxing holdouts.

Trump may not want to do this though as Jordan probably won't get the votes he needs and Trump wouldn't want to be further associated with this loser.

Jordan's strong-arm tactics designed to pressure moderate Republicans to vote for him under threat of being primaried seems not to have worked, at least thus far.

My guess is that Jordan may try doubling down by having Trump make some sort of televised appearance and press release on his behalf, naming and possibly doxing holdouts.

Trump may not want to do this though as Jordan probably won't get the votes he needs and Trump wouldn't want to be further associated with this loser.
The majority is so razor thin I don’t think they can’t risk that backfiring. That will kill any chance of future legislation coming out of the GOP getting through the House because the moderates will just say “Fuck it, the party doesn’t support me anyhow.” I think Jordan is a non-starter even with the pork he’d promise the moderates in exchange for a vote for him. It’s going to have to be someone else. This is what I meant when I said the MAGA threats are beginning to look slowly emptier, as are Trump’s. If voters can keep Trump out of the WH in 24 the foundation becomes more unstable and maybe the dominoes topple. I’m already thinking if the Dems can jack turnout they can get Biden back in and take back the House. Not sure where the Senate falls.

In the latest development in Trump's NYC property fraud case Trump Organization documents show property appraiser Doug Larson as appraising the value of a number of Trump properties, including Trump Tower and 40 Wall Street, over a period of 5 years. Spreadsheets entered as evidence show multiple phone calls with Larson between 2013 and 2017.

In court yesterday Larson testified these phone calls never took place and denied doing any property appraisals for the Trump Organization.

I personally think the MAGA contingent is trying to do a full on take over of the House GOP with their slim majority to push out “moderates”. Most importantly for the far right everyday the government isn’t spending money is a good day.

In a negotiation where side A needs side B to do something and side B does not need side A, who has the leverage?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.