US Politics Thread

Wait. What? Where is the proof he’s relying on “Trump getting banned from the race?” I thought everyone was saying Biden would get smoked by any other Republican. He shouldn’t want Trump banned.

Of course he should have announced he was a one-term President two years ago. I’ve said that several times. He didn’t, and here we are. Shoulda woulda coulda doesn’t help here.

How precisely should the system be changed?

I am cognizant so many are upset at the options. I am also cognizant that all of you think there are or should be options. You called Biden “the better option.” You are all wrong. There is only one option: whomever is running against Trump. Because no one who runs against him is an existential threat to democracy, and he is.

It is getting tiring repeating this. Every time you bring up Biden’s issues you bring everyone a little closer to getting Trump elected. You chip away at the argument that any alternative is better. You give milquetoasts the excuse they need to disengage when what they need is fucking intelligence and courage to just pull the lever.

Biden is what we have right now. Stop fucking moaning and support him, whatever his issues, or start preparing for a much uglier future.

It has been said multiple times, the US system has shown in living memory that it can cope with a cognitively ailing president. It hasn't shown that it can cope with a second Trump term, and it barely coped with him last time with democratic norms chucked overboard left right and centre.

People simply need to think about what each candidate/party are likely to do if they lose in Nov. Only one of them would be prepared to start a civil war and only one party is a coalition of fruit loops, grifters and craven careerist appeasers that would let him. That should tell you that as long as Biden has a pulse he remains the only sane option. Actually were they to prop Biden up El Cid style without a pulse he would still be the only sane option.

It has been said multiple times, the US system has shown in living memory that it can cope with a cognitively ailing president. It hasn't shown that it can cope with a second Trump term, and it barely coped with him last time with democratic norms chucked overboard left right and centre.

People simply need to think about what each candidate/party are likely to do if they lose in Nov. Only one of them would be prepared to start a civil war and only one party is a coalition of fruit loops, grifters and craven careerist appeasers that would let him. That should tell you that as long as Biden has a pulse he remains the only sane option. Actually were they to prop Biden up El Cid style without a pulse he would still be the only sane option.
I just can’t get my head round the US electorate’s thinking. Here, Trump would already be a dead man walking.
”Yes, I know he’s a criminal, a rapist and a con man who doesn’t pay his bills, but I’m voting for him.”

“Weekend at Biden’s” is a film I would definitely watch.

I just can’t get my head round the US electorate’s thinking. Here, Trump would already be a dead man walking.
”Yes, I know he’s a criminal, a rapist and a con man who doesn’t pay his bills, but I’m voting for him”

Yep I just don’t get how anyone could vote for trump he’s an absolute piece of unpolished turd.

A few very interesting results last night.

This seat Santos won with +7. It’s now been lost to the Dems at +8. 15 point swing.

Pennsylvania special ‘supposedly purple’ state seat (one that determined the majority in their state House) - absolutely smashed by Prokopiak winning by +35.

A district in deep red Oklahoma that went +25 in the last election… the GOP held onto it by +5.

When I say the math doesn’t math for the national polling we’re seeing. These are the kinds of things that strengthen that argument. All of the polls for these three races underestimated the Dem result by between 5-20 points. Since Roe v Wade was overturned the Dems have overperformed polling on literally almost every occasion.

I honestly think the GOP are in for a very hard reality check in November.
I’ve said the polls are not remotely connected to the actual votes we’ve seen in the last four years. It’s why I’m confident Trump won’t win and have been steadfast in that view for years.

I’ve said the polls are not remotely connected to the actual votes we’ve seen in the last four years. It’s why I’m confident Trump won’t win and have been steadfast in that view for years.
I don't want him to win.

I want him humiliated along with cult members. That way theres no recourse for chasing bullshit claims of electoral rigging again.

I wonder if the democrats can persuade Biden to step down.
They probably should or it's a free punch to the opposition. Like this country candidates appear to be focused upon being 'least worst' rather than offering anything positive. TBF the world is in a bit of a state so maybe positive change isn't on the table at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.