US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

It's pretty simple tbh. As Mr Clooney has said Biden stays the Democrats get wiped out. Even with Harris I reckon it's only a 25% she beats Trump. Its going to be a painful place to live over the pond if Trump gets in.

Looks like the Democrats are in a bad place. Biden is done, he will lose. Harris has access to the funds but I don't see her gaining the support/votes either so she loses. (IMO)

Its a shit show for them right now. I don't know enough of the funding workings or process to offer a proper solution. But from my perspective, just put up someone moderately functional and spam the shit out of radio/tv/social media with Project 2025. How any woman can vote for Trump is mindblowing.

Hmm

I’ll have to look this up.

Not that I don’t take your word for it over Jon Sopel of course.

As someone who listens to the news agents every day and also listens to a lot of traditional and independent US political coverage you will soon work out that they aren’t particularly great on US coverage, same is true for Stewart and Campbell on TRIP.

You’ll get what CNN, Fox, WaPo and NYT lead with. Thats it.

No one has the time, connections or experience to be an expert on British, European and American politics simultaneously.

As someone who listens to the news agents every day and also listens to a lot of traditional and independent US political coverage you will soon work out that they aren’t particularly great on US coverage, same is true for Stewart and Campbell on TRIP.

You’ll get what CNN, Fox, WaPo and NYT lead with. Thats it.

No one has the time, connections or experience to be an expert on British, European and American politics simultaneously.

To be fair Sopel was the BBC’s lead American correspondent and lived in Washington for several years. He’s very well connected.

That is to come later . Whatever is wrong with him he has got visibly worse in just a few months , he cant go on

Until he starts showing a tremor or shuffled gait then no one credible is going to diagnose him with Parkinsons based on media appearances.

It’s also just a bit too convenient that this is now the 3rd political enemy Trump where has launched a media campaign accusing them of having Parkinson’s.

He’s old, he’s nowhere near as sharp as he used to be, but I find it very hard to believe he’d run if he knew he had Parkinson’s, knowing how high the stakes are in this election.

To be fair Sopel was the BBC’s lead American correspondent and lived in Washington for several years. He’s very well connected.

I know (remember I said I listen daily) but he abandoned that 5 years ago and clearly doesn’t have his focus on it when he’s covering domestic news literally every day.

If you go back and listen their analysis and predictions of the 2022 election it shows exactly what they are - interesting enough journalists to host a podcast but they don’t have any particularly rare insight.

Until he starts showing a tremor or shuffled gait then no one credible is going to diagnose him with Parkinsons based on media appearances.

It’s also just a bit too convenient that this is now the 3rd political enemy Trump where has launched a media campaign accusing them of having Parkinson’s.

He’s old, he’s nowhere near as sharp as he used to be, but I find it very hard to believe he’d run if he knew he had Parkinson’s, knowing how high the stakes are in this election.
What do you think he's going to be like in 2, 3 or even 4 years? He's trailing in every single swing state and Trumps the first Republican to be leading in July for almost 20 years. It's going to be an absolute massacre if Biden takes Trump on.

I posted months ago that Biden had no idea what he was talking about, and that the dems needed to change leader, and for some bizarre reason was called a wum.
I think most people would now agree it would be best for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.