US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

Its just fucking painful to watch - my Dad is 86 and more cognisant than this I wouldn't trust him with a chip pan - Jesus Wept the Democrats have to stage an intervention or face what happened to the Tories
The more he speaks, the more he's just rambling on and on. keeps making mistakes, very sad to see. My Dad had dementia, and you can really see it in the eyes, I see the same thing and it's horrible to watch.

When I was teaching (high school) the students were required to defend their written term papers via an oral exam. More than once a poor lad or lass turned up largely unprepared and then blundered and flustered their way through twenty minutes of mistakes, wrong pronunciations, long pauses and awkward silences. One, I remember, he was a good kid but he kept saying "Well, anyway ..." when he forgot what should come next. Joe, Joe, you're doing the same stuff.
Please go with dignity.

For those of you not immersed in the liberal media channels over here, the Q&A was called “masterful” by one talking head.

If some of you were hoping tonight was Part 2 of the end game, you might be surprised to hear it was (on the whole, with a couple of notable exceptions) very well received by Democratic voices on TV.

Interestingly, Trump hosted Orban (PM of Hungary) again at Mar-A-Lago. In March, during his first visit, Trump lauded him as the model of a strong leader who says the way it should be and “Boom” it’s done!

This time, Orban released a video on X and said about Trump that he was what Europe needs. For context, Orban just returned from Russia, where he met with Putin, and they toasted to Russian & Chinese talking points.

Biden showed command of the geopolitics of the day, but is frail, both physically and mentally, and simply fails the “strong leader” test.

Thankfully, both the LA and NY Times have come out tonight with their Trump Editorials, which eviscerate him, as they should. It is unconscionable that Trump can possibly even be a major party nominee, but to even contemplate that he might win the presidency is the scariest political thought I can imagine at present.

Fingers and toes crossed.

It is painful to watch and i dont understand why those close to him arent stepping in. I can only imagine that his wife , from what she has said in blindly supporting him, very much enjoys the power and prestige of first lady.
There have been lots of partners over time in all sorts of situations that struggle to walk away because they want to continue to be MrsX, rather than step out of the spot light.

Perception is reality. He’s got to stand down. Can’t see Harris beating Trump. Wonder if there’s a mechanism to hand the funds back; I think it’s safe to assume the vast majority would then be redirected to a suitable candidate. The stakes are too high for that not to be the case.

Two of my best mates live in Minneapolis and Chicago. Big fans of our pubs, love Manchester beer and curry caffs.

Really intelligent folk (Maths teacher, IT guy), life-long Democrats (more Bernie than Biden). But they still seem reticent about ditching Joe. I just don't get it.

Just seen his latest mistake, seriously get rid, the democrats will be as much to blame for Trump as Labour in 2019 persisting with Corbyn and allowing Boris in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.