US Politics Thread

I'd be more concerned there are actually black colleges, segregation doing well in Murica still, even if it's the segregated wanting to segregate themselves.

I'd be more concerned there are actually black colleges, segregation doing well in Murica still, even if it's the segregated wanting to segregate themselves.
I’m not sure that there are segregated colleges nowadays.
Don’t forget, Harris went to university around 40 years ago.

They are historically black colleges and universities — anyone can enroll, regardless of race, religion, or creed. The student body at those schools just tend to be made up of mostly black pupils because of the schools’ history and esteem within various black American communities (and white people historically have not wanted to attend them).

And they exist because for a very long time black people were not allowed to enroll in the colleges and universities that already existed near many predominantly black communities, especially in the south, so they founded their own.

Black people are not “segregating themselves” at historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). In fact, if I recall correctly, many of the HBCU’s are some of the only schools in the south that NEVER segregated their student bodies.

I’m not sure that there are segregated colleges nowadays.
Don’t forget, Harris went to university around 40 years ago.

Can someone living in America confirm or deny this? We have only just started this run up to the election and the basket cases are already zoning in on race and not policies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.