US Politics Thread

I'l be very angry with Americans if he gets anywhere near winning in November
This should be a wipeout, no ifs, no buts, no excuses
I wish it were that easy…and you could not be angrier than I will be.

It will be close, almost regardless of who is running and when the vote occurs. It’s the nature of American presidential elections.

He could, and probably will, lose the national vote by millions of votes. That’s not important!

There are states that are red and states that are blue. In red states, blue votes don’t matter. In blue states, red votes don’t matter. Nature of the beast, I’m afraid.

What DOES matter is that there a few large states that have large blocks of Electoral College votes. How THOSE states vote REALLY MATTERS!

In fact, not only do they matter, but how the COMBINATION of their EC votes tot up is vitally important.

America is a PURPLE country. However, in a “winner take all” vote for nearly every state, the vote can be 10m to 10m+1 and the 10m+1 party gets ALL THE EC VOTES, so that state is painted that colour, even though it’s as purple as could be.

This election of about 160M votes is going to boil down 10-20,000 votes in a handful of states.

Yes
I wish it were that easy…and you could not be angrier than I will be.

It will be close, almost regardless of who is running and when the vote occurs. It’s the nature of American presidential elections.

He could, and probably will, lose the national vote by millions of votes. That’s not important!

There are states that are red and states that are blue. In red states, blue votes don’t matter. In blue states, red votes don’t matter. Nature of the beast, I’m afraid.

What DOES matter is that there a few large states that have large blocks of Electoral College votes. How THOSE states vote REALLY MATTERS!

In fact, not only do they matter, but how the COMBINATION of their EC votes tot up is vitally important.

America is a PURPLE country. However, in a “winner take all” vote for nearly every state, the vote can be 10m to 10m+1 and the 10m+1 party gets ALL THE EC VOTES, so that state is painted that colour, even though it’s as purple as could be.

This election of about 160M votes is going to boil down 10-20,000 votes in a handful of states.
Yes I fully understand the vagaries of the US electoral college system and swing states but that still cannot explain to me something that would never happen in any real European democracy. My only conclusion is that mental illness is endemic and needs seriously tackling.
"They're eating the dogs" resonates with nearly half of American voters? Really?
WTAF!!!

Yes
Yes I fully understand the vagaries of the US electoral college system and swing states but that still cannot explain to me something that would never happen in any real European democracy. My only conclusion is that mental illness is endemic and needs seriously tackling.
"They're eating the dogs" resonates with nearly half of American voters? Really?
WTAF!!!
Sad, isn’t it?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.