US Politics Thread

Just post immediately after his post or if you must, mention him by name

The point of trolling is to garner responses. And you've unwittingly fallen into the trap.
Can’t say I feel particularly conned or fooled in any way.
I don’t know the rules on trolling, but if a mod says stop I’ll stop.
Personally I think you need to be careful where you go with the suppression of freedom of speech. Whether you agree with an opinion or not is still totally free to you.

Can’t say I feel particularly conned or fooled in any way.
I don’t know the rules on trolling, but if a mod says stop I’ll stop.
Personally I think you need to be careful where you go with the suppression of freedom of speech. Whether you agree with an opinion or not is still totally free to you.
Huh?

I thought we were talking about trolls, whose posts are designed simply to garner controversy.

Do as you like - but you're a fish if you reply to a troll, caught by his or her bait. Dax is certainly a troll, and the cheese dude is likely too.

Huh?

I thought we were talking about trolls, whose posts are designed simply to garner controversy.

Do as you like - but you're a fish if you reply to a troll, caught by his or her bait. Dax is certainly a troll, and the cheese dude is likely too.
Ok, but by that reckoning, I could be too and you could be on the line yourself.

I think most people in here have common sense.
I find much of this and the other two US election candidate threads, absolutely ridiculous, pathetic, enlightening and very informative in equal measures.

It really depends on how you digest what’s put in front of you.

Ok, but by that reckoning, I could be too and you could be on the line yourself.

I think most people in here have common sense.
I find much of this and the other two US election candidate threads, absolutely ridiculous, pathetic, enlightening and very informative in equal measures.

It really depends on how you digest what’s put in front of you.
A very clever troll would be difficult to detect, should they want to do so.

Most trolls though simply state the most controversial thing that leaps to mind and then back it against all logic.

My conversations with you indicate that you're either a very careful, clever troll, or that you're not a troll.

In either case, you don't meet the threshold of outright ridiculous, no-one-can-possibly-believe-this, sort of rhetoric that I'll ignore you.

I would, however, suggest strongly, as I have in the past, that replying to posts that are over-the-top ridiculous and obviously crafted to entice a response is unwise - especially since such posts often stake out claims or positions that align with the posters motives/beliefs - engaging in discourse simply spreads their beliefs and serves as a source of entertainment - another, I got you, notch in the belt.

A very clever troll would be difficult to detect, should they want to do so.

Most trolls though simply state the most controversial thing that leaps to mind and then back it against all logic.

My conversations with you indicate that you're either a very careful, clever troll, or that you're not a troll.

In either case, you don't meet the threshold of outright ridiculous, no-one-can-possibly-believe-this, sort of rhetoric that I'll ignore you.

I would, however, suggest strongly, as I have in the past, that replying to posts that are over-the-top ridiculous and obviously crafted to entice a response is unwise - especially since such posts often stake out claims or positions that align with the posters motives/beliefs - engaging in discourse simply spreads their beliefs and serves as a source of entertainment - another, I got you, notch in the belt.
Listen, I get your point and I am not going to intentionally fall out with you over it.
If I see what is quite obvious rubbish and bait, I suppose my first instinct is not to engage in debate but to ridicule. Banter if you like. Don’t forget this forum is a lot bigger than the political threads.

Some in here, maybe with a stake in the game/thread, understandably take a dimmer view. I would probably see things differently in the Irish Politics thread for example.

I do understand your point though, let it be clear.

Christ on a stick!

1) Dude, the first issue is that dogs and cats are fucking awesome! Killing them is abhorrent.

2) The (false) claim is precisely that they're stealing other people's pets and then eating them.

3) This isn't a "racists in Springfield issue" - it's much, much bigger - it's racist Trump and Vance and MAGA that are spreading these lies. It's terrible on several fronts, most prominent among them is that it stereotypes Haitians as "other" and sets them apart as an enemy to be delt with; and that it endangers the lives of those slandered living in Springfield (bomb threats, etc., have already occured).

4) You suggest opening cat/dog eateries - WTF! For starters, this is almost certainly illegal even in Ohio. And see #1.

5) WTF is the matter with you?!?!?!
Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Listen, I get your point and I am not going to intentionally fall out with you over it.
If I see what is quite obvious rubbish and bait, I suppose my first instinct is not to engage in debate but to ridicule. Banter if you like. Don’t forget this forum is a lot bigger than the political threads.

Some in here, maybe with a stake in the game/thread, understandably take a dimmer view. I would probably see things differently in the Irish Politics thread for example.

I do understand your point though, let it be clear.
Cheers.

Whenever next Dax or the cheese dude posts, keep this in mind :-). Or hell, engage with them. It should become apparent soon enough that they're simply trolling - they'll concede nothing, when cornered they'll attempt to switch topics, and nothing they say in defense of their positions will make the least bit of objective sense.

Huh?

I find most people essentially wind themselves up with little or no help. Rather than take the piss, I simply collect it. Particularly from people who have their heads up their own backsides. Have you tried eating any pets yet? - hamsters and goldfish could make ideal tapas type snacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.