US Politics Thread

He’s running again in 2028; there’s not enough will in the party to contradict him. He’s going to end up like The Leader in Woody Allen’s Sleepless with only his nose surviving.
Sleeper, but I’m sure you know that and got autocorrected. Superb film. Beautiful, futuristic sets, funny as hell and magnificent Dixie/Ragtime jazz score.

Sleeper, but I’m sure you know that and got autocorrected. Superb film. Beautiful, futuristic sets, funny as hell and magnificent Dixie/Ragtime jazz score.

Ha ha — of course. I’ve only seen it like 40 times!!!

Married my wife — or should I say, was attracted to her — in large part because she looks like Diane Keaton :).

Last edited:
My advice for any new participants in the thread attempting to engage in earnest debate with Dax:

Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

My advice for any new participants in the thread attempting to engage in earnest debate with Dax:

Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
I think he's ok. At least he puts a different view, without him we'd have the following:

Trump thread = everyone hates trump
Harris thread = everyone hates trump
US politics thread = everyone hates trump

They could be merged into one big performative 'we hate trump's thread if it wasn't for Dax and bigga. They at least have something to say instead of the usual mutual back slapping followed by shock when trump is not imprisoned or is elected again.
Worth noting that extremism comes about when people are only exposed to one viewpoint, not just extremist views. I like these threads because I get to see blind support for both Harris and occasionally the trump for balance.

My advice for any new participants in the thread attempting to engage in earnest debate with MSC:

Harris has been superb since taking the top spot, hardly put a foot wrong and Trump/republicans have struggled to gain the upper hand they had over Biden.
It’s been a joy to watch and see the desperation from Trump battling this.

My advice for any new participants in the thread attempting to engage in earnest debate with MSC:

Surely you should report me to the mods and get me banned or something rather than attempt to police these threads yourself?

To avoid the accusation you have to provide some evidence to back your view that, for eg, Harris is incompetent, but you never do.
She led the disastrous border debacle the last 31/2 years.

That's the one thing she ran
He’s running again in 2028; there’s not enough will in the party to contradict him. He’s going to end up like The Leader in Woody Allen’s Sleeper with only his nose surviving.
Again, I always ask the chancers who make these silly claims if they are willing to put their money where there mouth is...But no one ever steps up...

Trump will not run in 2028. I'm certain of it. Win lose or draw he is done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.