US Politics Thread

Ah right you wouldn't know it was right biased from that interview
I haven't watched it yet mate, but do watch a lot of 60 mins stuff when I. In Oz. It's good and in many ways a throwback to when we had good investigative journalism on TV in the UK, but a lot of paranoid stuff about the Chinese and endorsing RW US foreign policy in particular. I'll try to watch this one later

What else is there to say, really? We’re on the the ninth goddamn motherfucking year of this, since he walked down that escalator. What other argument should I be listening to and thinking about? I’ve heard them all. And nearly every new argument is “Kamala bad.” FFS — even Trump doesn’t have any new arguments for himself!
Trump's best hope is enough people forget how awful he was.

He is by a huge margin the worst candidate any party has ever put up in living memory. The only reason he is still standing is he has bullies the Republican party in to accepting him as a cult leader. The gop love an authoritarian bully and so there mostly happy to go with it. Turning a blind eye to the rape, fraud and endless grift.

Trump's best hope is enough people forget how awful he was.

He is by a huge margin the worst candidate any party has ever put up in living memory. The only reason he is still standing is he has bullies the Republican party in to accepting him as a cult leader. The gop love an authoritarian bully and so there mostly happy to go with it. Turning a blind eye to the rape, fraud and endless grift.
In decades past, primarily white Americans in rust-belt/southern states have relied on well-paying factory jobs in industry: mining, steel working, automobile manufacturing, etc. Graduate from college, get married, get a union job in the local factory and have a good life.

Globalization has largely ended this. And there's been little in the way of government assistance from either party trying to improve the lot of such folk.

Always mistrustful of government and now hurting economically, a lot of Americans are pissed off and just want massive change.

Into the mix is the godawful distribution of wealth - a fraction of the populace holds the majority of wealth. Of itself, this is alone is enough to spark massive unrest.

Which is to say, the MAGA folk are by-in-large not well off economically, mistrustful of government, undereducated, religious, and, above all, want change. They're ripe for demagoguery. And Trump delivers a message they want to believe in.

It's a mess - and will take decades to address.

In decades past, primarily white Americans in rust-belt/southern states have relied on well-paying factory jobs in industry: mining, steel working, automobile manufacturing, etc. Graduate from college, get married, get a union job in the local factory and have a good life.

Globalization has largely ended this. And there's been little in the way of government assistance from either party trying to improve the lot of such folk.

Always mistrustful of government and now hurting economically, a lot of Americans are pissed off and just want massive change.

Into the mix is the godawful distribution of wealth - a fraction of the populace holds the majority of wealth. Of itself, this is alone is enough to spark massive unrest.

Which is to say, the MAGA folk are by-in-large not well off economically, mistrustful of government, undereducated, religious, and, above all, want change. They're ripe for demagoguery. And Trump delivers a message they want to believe in.

It's a mess - and will take decades to address.
I think that picture is mirrored across much of the western world. Economic hard times = the rise of the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.