US Politics Thread

I am curious—and am genuinely asking this, as the answer may very well surprise me—but how many of those you know that wish Trump was a politician standing for office in the UK voted for and/or still support Brexit?
We should all support Brexit, it’s gov policy, and the only one we’ll likely have in the foreseeable future. That ship has sailed.

I am curious—and am genuinely asking this, as the answer may very well surprise me—but how many of those you know that wish Trump was a politician standing for office in the UK voted for and/or still support Brexit?
The same cunts who thinks Nigel Führage can save the country from the millions coming over on a Walmart dinghy from France.

I’ve added to my post. What trade policy do you support?

I fully support us rejoining the EU and the single market. I voted Lib Dem as they are the only ones even close to looking at it.

The ship may have sailed but im one person trying to redirect us back.

I am yet to see a single benefit Brexit has bought us. We absolutely could have broken the mold with things like AI but we havn't.

Last edited:
Good question.

Id say I know 2 trump supporters in the UK. 1 absolutely is a die hard Brexiteer

Probably all of them

Cheers, that has been my experience, as well.

Obviously this is just anecdotal, but in my experience there seems to be a strong overlap between those that believe Trump’s dangerously simplistic, wholly empty promises and rampant falsehoods and those that believed/believe the Leave campaign’s dangerously simplistic, wholly empty promises and rampant falsehoods. I think I have seen research that supports this, as well, but I cannot recall exactly where, so I cannot assert that with absolute confidence.

I can say with absolute confidence that the 2016 Trump campaign and the Brexit campaigns shared many of the same backers and organisations coordinating them, though.

We should all support Brexit, it’s gov policy, and the only one we’ll likely have in the foreseeable future. That ship has sailed.

When I say support Brexit, I mean people that still believe the claims of the benefits from Brexit the Leave campaign (and adjacent entities) made, even in the face of continually mounting evidence exposing those claims as highly exaggerated or outright false.

We can of course now try to make the best of a truly idiotic and disasterous decision, but that doesn’t mean we have to ignore that it was based on mostly empty promises and false claims (many of which were known to be empty and false by those making the claims before the vote, and certainly by educated, knowledgable parties). In that way it is very similar to Trump’s first term—he was voted in, but it doesn’t mean everyone had to just forget how he got there or support what he was doing once he was in office.

Anyway, I wasn’t trying to derail the thread with Brexit talk—we have a thread for that. I was just trying to parse the overlap between the Trump and Brexit supporter blocs based on others’ experiences, given the context of @idahoblues post.

Good question.

Id say I know 2 trump supporters in the UK. 1 absolutely is a die hard Brexiteer
What is the actual point of being a trump supporter in the UK (or a Harris one for that matter I suppose)?
I find myself 'siding' with Harris because I think her approach to the middle east is likely to be more temperate in terms of support for Israel than trump - therefore less likely to have a gulf oil crisis and the ensuing global economic shock. In general terms though I find the us election interesting as a spectacle but whoever wins won't make a difference to my life in the UK

What is the actual point of being a trump supporter in the UK (or a Harris one for that matter I suppose)?
I find myself 'siding' with Harris because I think her approach to the middle east is likely to be more temperate in terms of support for Israel than trump - therefore less likely to have a gulf oil crisis and the ensuing global economic shock. In general terms though I find the us election interesting as a spectacle but whoever wins won't make a difference to my life in the UK

Your guess is good as mine. but they both think he's some sort of rockstar politician fighting the establishment and can do no wrong. One of them is even buying MAGA merchandise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.