US Politics Thread

Yanks could vote Trump in and 'balance it' with the Dems having both houses. Which will make it worse as he will use executive orders to take out every political opponent to take control of both using his newly appointed immunity.
It's difficult to see any Trump voter thinking that way. I can see some being to stupid to vote for anything other than potus on the basis they just dont understand how it all works. But even then not enough to be more than 5% of the vote.

I really am totally dumbfounded as to why this is even a race at this point.
'Murica.

The electorate have the choice of a fascist or another democrat who's about as radical as a cabbage. Neither are really appealing to your average Jane/Joe.

Trump, Bannon, Musk have poisoned the political system to the point it's on the verge of being put on life support.

Yeah.

Some things don't add up. Like Arizona.

Biden won Arizona with 49.4% to 49.1%. Super close.

Kari Lake tried for Govenor in 2022 she got 49% of the vote with a hardcore Trump/maga offer but lost.

Shes now going for Arizona Senate seat. She's down 6 to 8 points depending on polls. So looking like a straight forward defeat. Both her and the dem are not incumbent so this is a straight up race between a dem and a Trumpy gop candidate. And you would expect anyone voting Trump there to also vote for Lake, she's all over fox and the same maga media as Trump.

The polling for potus is a dead heat Harris/ Trump.

Makes zero sense. How are the same voters not 100% aligned on the Senate seat as potus.
Not to mention the abortion initiative on the ballot which is likely to drive blue turnout . . .

'Murica.

The electorate have the choice of a fascist or another democrat who's about as radical as a cabbage. Neither are really appealing to your average Jane/Joe.

Trump, Bannon, Musk have poisoned the political system to the point it's on the verge of being put on life support.
If you are interested on the rise and fall of fascism in the USA, Rachael Maddow (of MSNBC) did a podcast series called 'Ultra'. It's well worth a listen. How the US came perilously close to aligning with the Nazi's after WWII is a shocking story.

Yanks could vote Trump in and 'balance it' with the Dems having both houses. Which will make it worse as he will use executive orders to take out every political opponent to take control of both using his newly appointed immunity.
The last forecast I saw had Harris losing the Senate due to the profile of the seats up for re-election.

'Murica.

It’s weird because I know so many Brits who think Trump is great and wish he was over there

It’s weird because I know so many Brits who think Trump is great and wish he was over there
I am curious—and am genuinely asking this, as the answer may very well surprise me—but how many of those you know that wish Trump was a politician standing for office in the UK voted for and/or still support Brexit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.