US Politics Thread

I don’t think there’s any bias in the law at all, there is in some in those who are there to uphold it though. Agree it’s for a different thread though.
Correct and it’s usually the odd individual rather than central agencies like the FBI, who are after the fascists from this week.

... And good luck to them.

To insinuate there’s a country-wide bias in the law is wrong imo.
I honestly can't be arsed getting into it again, but just to be clear, I'm not insinuating it, I'm stating it explicitly.

But yeah, hopefully we'll see that number of arrests go up over the next few weeks.

However, we're already seeing protests are various other state buildings around the country, so they should get a move on, because I think the ease with which these people were able to get away with it has possibly emboldened others.

I honestly can't be arsed getting into it again, but just to be clear, I'm not insinuating it, I'm stating it explicitly.
You brought it up to be fair... if you didn’t want to get into it don’t post it.

For the record I completely disagree, months of protests across a country will always bring more arrests than one specific protest in one city, over 48 hours... even if the latter was a coup.

Correct and it’s usually the odd individual rather than central agencies like the FBI, who are after the fascists from this week.

... And good luck to them.

Yep, fully agree.

The key issue this time round is it shouldn’t have needed the fbi to need to do all of this post event, someone clearly dropped a huge bollock with the security for the capitol building that day knowing both the protest that was planned and what was going on inside.

Yep, fully agree.

The key issue this time round is it shouldn’t have needed the fbi to need to do all of this post event, someone clearly dropped a huge bollock with the security for the capitol building that day knowing both the protest that was planned and what was going on inside.
My understanding is it was a mixture of the local Democrat not thinking anything would happen, sending sections of the police home (read online so could be bollocks?)

And Trump (the ****) holding back the national guard.

Can see your point . Giving you a hypothetical scenario, Twitter or social media existed when Hitler and his cohorts were around, would allowing them access be acceptable?
Hitler wasn't democratically elected President, but i see your point. Goebbels would have made Trump look like an amateur and I cant imagine Hitler would have an Israel flag by his twitter handle like the modern far right crackpots/

Hitler wasn't democratically elected President, but i see your point. Goebbels would have made Trump look like an amateur and I cant imagine Hitler would have an Israel flag by his twitter handle like the modern far right crackpots/
Neither was Trump this time. It's worth mentioning that Twitter only banned Trump after he failed to be elected and then tried to effectively seize power regardless, basically sending in thugs to attack elected officials doing their job. Obviously the fact that he's still technically president two months after losing is a flaw in their system.

My understanding is it was a mixture of the local Democrat not thinking anything would happen, sending sections of the police home (read online so could be bollocks?)

And Trump (the ****) holding back the national guard.

I know the sergeants at arms have both now resigned, not sure if they’re politically affiliated or not, I imagine not.

It was the justice department that led the planning though.

I know the sergeants at arms have both now resigned, not sure if they’re politically affiliated or not, I imagine not.

It was the justice department that led the planning though.
Think it was a mixture of mild incompetence by those who wanted to do the right thing, mixed with purposeful sabotaging by the agents of evil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.