US Politics Thread

The Union will eventually fracture if this get dialled up.
Whilst there’s obviously more pro Trump areas in parts of the country, it’s obviously more complex than the slavery issue in the 1860’s, which you could pinpoint views based exactly on state lines.

Unless all the Pro Trump supporters head south into a specific couple of big states and the normal people move out of there.

At this point it seems inevitable that nothing will happen.

The Republicans will spend a few months playing this down and Fox and OANN will push non stop lies and conspiracy theories.

He will be acquitted by Republican senators who will then lie about this incident until it fades from the memory of the Republican base, who will suck it all up and beleive every word because all they really want is an excuse so they can get back to always voting Republican so abortions are as illegal as possible and millionaires get tax breaks in case they win the lottery one day.

The Democrats will put forward logical arguments and point out laws broken and be met with jibes and gaslighting. 2 months into his presidency Biden will wear a beige suit or eat a hot dog wrong and the Republicans will make it a bigger issue than January 6th.

The country is fucked. Republicans had the chance to reject populist authoritarianism and instead they've forgiven everything in less than a week, because they are more worried about not being in power than destroying the country.
I recognize the skepticism and exasperation and frustration in the post — but I think Trump’s a cancer that will kill the party and ensure Democratic potency for a very long time. Democrats are already centrists. I don’t think Republicans can afford to do nothing. The break up of the party into Trumpists and traditional conservatives appalled by this is what I think is inevitable, so McConnell needs to ensure the traditional conservatives win, otherwise he’ll be out of power forever (along with the younger versions of him). Do you really think Mitch and Mitt and Sasse to name three very different Republican senators have any respect at all for a dumb fucking drunk anal bead like Matt Gaetz? Mitch is a **** and I’ll never forgive him for his hypocrisy re the Supreme Court but he knows the truth is Trump got trounced — he’s not living a lie in that regard.

I recognize the skepticism and exasperation and frustration in the post — but I think Trump’s a cancer that will kill the party and ensure Democratic potency for a very long time. Democrats are already centrists. I don’t think Republicans can afford to do nothing. The break up of the party into Trumpists and traditional conservatives appalled by this is what I think is inevitable, so McConnell needs to ensure the traditional conservatives win, otherwise he’ll be out of power forever (along with the younger versions of him). Do you really think Mitch and Mitt and Sasse to name three very different Republican senators have any respect at all for a dumb fucking drunk anal bead like Matt Gaetz? Mitch is a **** and I’ll never forgive him for his hypocrisy re the Supreme Court but he knows the truth is Trump got trounced — he’s not living a lie in that regard.
Perfect description of Gaetz. Bravo Sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.