US Politics Thread

It's about time the US passed the aid package for Ukraine!

Out of curiosity - to gauge how Republicans feel about this - I read comments on an article about the aid package on Fox News.

Even on Fox News, where you'd expect most posters to be particularly partisan, the comments seem to have been evenly divided - 50% in favor, 50% opposed.

MAGA is finally losing its grip on the Republican Party. And I'd never in a million years have guessed that Mike Johnson would play a positive role in this outcome.

US have passed a bill that will force Bytedance to sell TikTok. They're worried that they will hand personal data over to the government, which of course US social media companies would never do with foreigners' data.

It's about time the US passed the aid package for Ukraine!

Out of curiosity - to gauge how Republicans feel about this - I read comments on an article about the aid package on Fox News.

Even on Fox News, where you'd expect most posters to be particularly partisan, the comments seem to have been evenly divided - 50% in favor, 50% opposed.

MAGA is finally losing its grip on the Republican Party. And I'd never in a million years have guessed that Mike Johnson would play a positive role in this outcome.
I don’t know about Maga losing their grip but it is certainly fraying at the edges. If Trump is convicted……

I don’t know about Maga losing their grip but it is certainly fraying at the edges. If Trump is convicted……
I do think that MAGA is losing its grip. It would have been unthinkable 2 months hence for the Speaker to go against Trump and advance a bill in support of aid for Ukraine.

I dont think an acquittal seems unlikely. It only takes 1 juror. Id say an acquittal is more likely
We'll see - I have faith in the jury.

I think it's going to be down to how well Cohen and Pecker (LOL - that's the guy's actual name!!!) hold up under cross and how well the Prosecution counters.

And then there's this...
Although, in an ideal world, each juror should simply consider the facts, ones feelings will almost inevitably come into play in any close decision. Trump, according to court reports, has been hostile in gesture/posture/apparent attitude/and indeed in at least one case - though this is forbidden - remarks, towards jurors as they were being vetted.

Last edited:
I’ll take that bet.
@Uncle Wally One Ball
In a typical US jury trial, all jurors must vote "guilty" for a conviction. Similarly, all jurors must vote "not guilty" for an acquittal.

Courts do their best to reach unanimous agreement - for obvious reasons.

If unanimity isn't reached, the court typically declares a mistrial. Prosecutors can bring the case once more if they wish.
====
Don't take SWP's bet!!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.