US pre season tour

CityTony said:
Just sorting out my trip to see City in New York and Atlanta and came across ticketmaster advertising City v Inter Milan in Baltimore 31 July. Anyone heard anything about this?

I had a conversation with Garry Cook in the City Store last saturday and he mentioned this so I think its more or less sure.

CityTony said:
Just sorting out my trip to see City in New York and Atlanta and came across ticketmaster advertising City v Inter Milan in Baltimore 31 July. Anyone heard anything about this?

It's still tentative from what I can tell (my source is...the internet, so don't quote me on this). However, it's been talked about in a few places so I reckon it's on the cards. It's not 100% until the club says so however.

buckshot said:
I'm planning on being at the Baltimore game, I haven't heard anything about tickets yet though.

Ticketmaster have the game on their site and tickets go on sale on 24 May I think it said. Game is 31 July at 8 pm.<br /><br />-- Fri May 21, 2010 5:38 am --<br /><br />
BufordUSABlue said:
Although i posted this as a seprate topic, as i didnt want this offer of help to get lost in this topic.

If any Blues are thinking of coming over and need advice from an exiled-Manc, who has lived in Georgia for nearly 10 years now, the last 8.1/2 in Buford, which is 50 miles or so North of Atlanta, please let me know and i will be only too glad to help anyone with;

Advice on where to stay and cost
Places to drink
Places to eat
Things to do in Atlanta - There are 2 main areas. Downtown-Midtown-Buckhead really, all of which are very accesible by MARTA (a train something like the Metro)
Places to go close by to make a trip out of visiting Georgia

Anything really, so feel free to ask fellow Blues......advice all be free :-)!

CTID - And beyond!

-- Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am --

warhawkmoski said:
Thanks for the support.

YMTW welcome Blue - i love Chicago (A little less in the the winter though..... :-) !)

Hi Buford,
I am staying at Wyndham Garden Hotel, Piedmont Avenue.
Could you give me a bit of advice re airport transfer to there, and local/best bars to go to. Arriving Monday afternoon, so any ideas of stuff to see or do on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cheers

thelegde said:
buckshot said:
I'm planning on being at the Baltimore game, I haven't heard anything about tickets yet though.

Ticketmaster have the game on their site and tickets go on sale on 24 May I think it said. Game is 31 July at 8 pm.

-- Fri May 21, 2010 5:38 am --

BufordUSABlue said:
Although i posted this as a seprate topic, as i didnt want this offer of help to get lost in this topic.

If any Blues are thinking of coming over and need advice from an exiled-Manc, who has lived in Georgia for nearly 10 years now, the last 8.1/2 in Buford, which is 50 miles or so North of Atlanta, please let me know and i will be only too glad to help anyone with;

Advice on where to stay and cost
Places to drink
Places to eat
Things to do in Atlanta - There are 2 main areas. Downtown-Midtown-Buckhead really, all of which are very accesible by MARTA (a train something like the Metro)
Places to go close by to make a trip out of visiting Georgia

Anything really, so feel free to ask fellow Blues......advice all be free :-)!

CTID - And beyond!

-- Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am --

YMTW welcome Blue - i love Chicago (A little less in the the winter though..... :-) !)

Hi Buford,
I am staying at Wyndham Garden Hotel, Piedmont Avenue.
Could you give me a bit of advice re airport transfer to there, and local/best bars to go to. Arriving Monday afternoon, so any ideas of stuff to see or do on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Cheers

Hey Warhawk,

I would take the MARTA from the airport and get off at "Peachtree Center" and the hotel is about 3 blocks walk away and you are safe enough there pal, so no worries especially in the afternoon :-)......

You can walk to most of the downtown stuff.

The 'NEW' aquarium is pretty cool, although most days its packed and the kids will be out of school by then so expect a line.....if you fancy this, book tickets on line, print them off at the hotel and then you will miss the big lines (queue's!)

Then there is always the Coca Cola Museum which i havent been to as its new, the old one i did go to, they knocked this down and built the new one, but again worth a visit as you are here!

The CNN center is right next to the Georgia Dome and is pretty cool, although i havent been on the studio tours i hear nothing but good things from people who have.......again i would recommend going on-line and getting tickets.

Unfortunately the Atlanta Braves baseball are on a road trip that week, otherwise that would have been good...

Baseball, Hockey and American Football are all on close-season...

Load of great restaurants downtown, asking the hotel for recommendations would be the best bet, but i do know some;

Nikolai's Roof (On top floor of the Hilton Hotel downtown) Pricey but my favorite for that special night out!
Agatha's - A dinner and audience participation show and a good laugh!
Gladys Knight has a place which is supposedly good southern cooking!
Meehans Irish Pub - Standard pub fare but decent chain over here
Haveli - Indian and one of the better ones!

Let me know if you want anything more pal and i will be glad to help...

CityTony said:

Has been confirmed on SSN mate...:)

if anyone in America has the ticketmaster pre-sale code for Baltimore, please post it! Looks like tickets are already for sale if you have the password.

Andouble said:
if anyone in America has the ticketmaster pre-sale code for Baltimore, please post it! Looks like tickets are already for sale if you have the password.

THIS!!!

There's some tickets available for purchase on Stubhub.com already....I'm guessing it's the Ravens season ticket holders who get first dibs on their seats??

I'd rather book on Ticketmaster though. Should be cheaper, despite the convenience charges...and you can select seats in the City support section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.