US Presidential Race 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, get Ginsberg retired and can fill the 15 or so circuit judge vacancies they will be well placed to go after citizens united, some of the racist voting laws and a whole host of sacred cows that will hurt the republicans . Gerrymandering harder to tackle as when the republicans do it , it looks sensible on a map even if they get 70% of seats for 50% vote when the dems do it because of rural vote being republican it looks a bit mad

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the US political system blue, I live in the states and only give this stuff the cursory glance. I cant vote though, might have more of an interest if I had a dog in the fight.

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the US political system blue, I live in the states and only give this stuff the cursory glance. I cant vote though, might have more of an interest if I had a dog in the fight.
US politics is fascinating, in the UK people argue about nothing and get passionate about huge political divides that are fractions of a % of gdp and argue about things like the EU which won't effect any of the big issues either way.

In the US you argue about whether God exists, can you kill each other, can the state kill, whether tax is right, should you engage with the world or not, your courts decide on huge life changing issues. It is so much more extreme so much more interesting than nearly any other western country. There are bigger gaps just on the right of the Republican Party than there are in the entire uk or Aus political spectrums

US politics is fascinating, in the UK people argue about nothing and get passionate about huge political divides that are fractions of a % of gdp and argue about things like the EU which won't effect any of the big issues either way.

In the US you argue about whether God exists, can you kill each other, can the state kill, whether tax is right, should you engage with the world or not, your courts decide on huge life changing issues. It is so much more extreme so much more interesting than nearly any other western country. There are bigger gaps just on the right of the Republican Party than there are in the entire uk or Aus political spectrums

Thats because the average American has no interest in learning about economic issue and how gdp works etc.

They can only grasp black and white issues and take there political views from opinions on Twitter, Its why Donald Trump appeals so much.

Thats because the average American has no interest in learning about economic issue and how gdp works etc.

They can only grasp black and white issues and take there political views from opinions on Twitter, Its why Donald Trump appeals so much.
That is in part true but in fairness to America to still discuss and debate the really big issues rather than argue about nothing does have some really big positives. To be honest I suspect there are some politicians in the UK who would love to say some of what Donald does.
Sometimes debating whether blue or red is the best colour is more enlightening than what is your favourite shade of grey

Id love a Bluemoon cross border shoot out would make great YouTube. The moose wrestler against the elk botherer- magic. Need a wall to keep you two apart and to stop cross breeding between moose.
2yvs943.jpg

One thing I've noticed over the last few months is that more and more conservatives have adopted the "They all suck" opinion of the presidential candidates. I think this is great news because it assures that either Clinton or Sanders (most likely Clinton) will waltz to the White House in November. Fox News has not only allowed for the rise of Trump, they've also developed a significant number of people who pretty much complain about anything that has to do with government. What started out as a way to manipulate the poor and poorly educated into voting against their best interests has turned into the worst nightmare of the right-wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.