USA 2014 Champions tournament

Bballer7389 said:
aussie blake said:
I'm in section 115, good times!

Which pub will be turned blue? Guessing Yankee Tavern or Stan's Sports Bar are the obvious options.

I concur, I get off work around 5, and will try to make it if you guys decide on a place!
aussie blake said:

Which pub will be turned blue? Guessing Yankee Tavern or Stan's Sports Bar are the obvious options.
I'll be sitting at section 113 just booked my tickets today I'm excited to paint the town blue..can you guys let me know of any plans before the game what pub are we hitting????

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/March/City-heading-to-Kansas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -to-Kansas</a>

City will take on MLS champions Sporting Kansas City as part of the Club’s US summer tour.

The Blues will participate in the Guinness International Champions Cup in July and August but will take on Sporting KC to kick off the North American leg of the summer preparations.

The match will take place at Sporting Park on 23 July in association with Sprint and KC Live! and the Blues will then take on with group A.C. Milan (July 27), Liverpool (July 30) and Olympiacos (Aug. 2).

Sporting KC manager Peter Vermes said: “It is a pleasure to host a world-class club like Manchester City. It will be a great event not only for our fans, but our players as well to measure ourselves against one of the best teams in all of soccer.”

Sergio Aguero added: “Every time we visit the US, we’re always blown-away by the incredible reception we receive from our American fans. The whole team is looking forward to not only returning to the states this summer, but also to playing in Kansas for the first time.

“Having won the MLS title, Sporting Kansas City’s reputation for being formidable opponents is richly deserved. It’s sure to be a tough test and a fantastic game of football for the fans. We’ve heard a lot about the city, so it will be great to see what it has in store.”

Ticket information will be released in due course.

bluevengence said:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/March/City-heading-to-Kansas

City will take on MLS champions Sporting Kansas City as part of the Club’s US summer tour.

The Blues will participate in the Guinness International Champions Cup in July and August but will take on Sporting KC to kick off the North American leg of the summer preparations.

The match will take place at Sporting Park on 23 July in association with Sprint and KC Live! and the Blues will then take on with group A.C. Milan (July 27), Liverpool (July 30) and Olympiacos (Aug. 2).

Sporting KC manager Peter Vermes said: “It is a pleasure to host a world-class club like Manchester City. It will be a great event not only for our fans, but our players as well to measure ourselves against one of the best teams in all of soccer.”

Sergio Aguero added: “Every time we visit the US, we’re always blown-away by the incredible reception we receive from our American fans. The whole team is looking forward to not only returning to the states this summer, but also to playing in Kansas for the first time.

“Having won the MLS title, Sporting Kansas City’s reputation for being formidable opponents is richly deserved. It’s sure to be a tough test and a fantastic game of football for the fans. We’ve heard a lot about the city, so it will be great to see what it has in store.”

Ticket information will be released in due course.

KC in July, going to be H O T !

Absolutely made my week to wake up and see City will be coming to my hometown stadium! I thought I was lucky last summer only having to drive 5 hours to see them, this year it's 20 mins away. Maybe next summer they can arrange to have a game in my back yard.

I don't think Sporting's support is at the same level as Portland/Seattle, but I would say our fans are amongst the most fervent in the MLS. I fully expect it'll be an excellent atmosphere; the Dallas game this week was a sell-out so I can't imagine Manchester City's visit won't be. Hopefully we can give City a decent game, we won the title last year, though this season hasn't started off great.

With City due to launch New York City FC in 2015 it would be good to take this tournament quite seriously, particularly the Liverpool game in New York. Beat Liverpool, get the US support enthused and it helps give a better impetus to New York City FC. Hopefully the City team can take and show the US public the League Cup and Premier League Trophies whilst there (another good reason to stop Liverpool winning the Premier League, as we dont want them parading the Premier League there at that game when we are trying to build support in the US and start a team in New York )

Football is growing in the USA , and although in particular it will probably never get near to American Football (NFL) there can be a place for it with a good solid setup, and if City can make NYCFC a good entertaining team, no reason why it cannot do well in New York, in particularly being a summer sport i.e. takes place in the off season of NFL.

Further if City continue to do well here it should help raise the profile (by association) of NYCFC.

Is there a stadium now in place\being built yet for the New York FC team ?

City1974 said:

Nope. Too much politics, City can't get people to agree to let us build on any land and the Mayor seems to be opposed to it too.

Falastur said:
City1974 said:

Nope. Too much politics, City can't get people to agree to let us build on any land and the Mayor seems to be opposed to it too.

Where will NYCFC play their home games, at a baseball stadium ?, wont that been in use during the summer ?

City1974 said:
Falastur said:
City1974 said:

Where will NYCFC play their home games, at a baseball stadium ?, wont that been in use during the summer ?

The current plan is to play at the Yankee Stadium for 3-4 seasons, though Major League Baseball are trying to veto it. Yes, YS would be in use during that time but as they'd have to roll out turf strips over the normal playing surface anyway at least it wouldn't ruin the pitch.

There has been talk of other plans - temporary stadia with capacities as high as 30k have been built in only 3 months before in that area but if that were to happen it would most likely be just outside city limits, which would be something of a humiliating comedown from all the posturing that this team, unlike the New York Red Bulls (based in New Jersey, not unlike a certain also red and white-kitted Manchester claimant) are the team of the city itself. At least it'd be in the right state...

In short, presently there is no plan, and time is running out.

eddiemarin09 said:
Bballer7389 said:
aussie blake said:

I concur, I get off work around 5, and will try to make it if you guys decide on a place!
aussie blake said:

I'll be sitting at section 113 just booked my tickets today I'm excited to paint the town blue..can you guys let me know of any plans before the game what pub are we hitting????

My brother and I are in Section 113 also, I believe Row 14.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.