USA West Coast

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
take the coast road (highway 1?) and take in Carmel, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Berkely college etc

the town of Santa Cruz is currently inaccessible...

...it has a long standing knee problem

Done the west coast a few times and must admit my favourite place is San Francisco. Everyhing within good walking distance if you're that way inclined as well.

If you can manage a trip to Sonoma then put it on your agenda, beautiful place.

Got the States on my to do list in a few years time.Next few years we'll be going, but that's to Mickey Mouse land with the kids.

1_barry_conlon said:
Done the west coast a few times and must admit my favourite place is San Francisco. Everyhing within good walking distance if you're that way inclined as well.

If you can manage a trip to Sonoma then put it on your agenda, beautiful place.
me too
trying to convince my wife that we should move there

Always makes me laugh when people say there is nothing to do in Vegas and you only need three days there. Bo**ox, there is loads to do even if you don't gamble.
We have been twice now and are looking at going back again in 2 years time.There is always something new
The hotels themselves deserve a good looking at, there is mega shopping, there's the shows, theres Freemont St,the surrounding area, including the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. The new bridge over the dam should be finished this year. Spend some time by the hotel pool.
You cant do all that in 3 days

Plenty to do

Our trip a few years back was great.

Flew into vegas - 3 nights at the Bellagio and booked a Grand Canyon trip.

Then drove out through Death Valley and stayed at Furness Creek ( you need to book this place in advance)

Up to San Francisco, which is a great city to spend some time in.

Then down Highway 101 - Monteray, I wasn't impressed by, but the rest was great. This is the Big Sur trip and the scenery is just amazing. Loads of places to stop, we saw seals, eagles, peregrine falcons, ottters, whales, even a dead shark! Also stopped at two vineyards.

Stopped at Santa Monica for 5 nights and visited Hollywood, LA city, Universal studios, Getty museum etc. from there. Santa Monica is just an easier place to be than LA proper. Been there a few times and it's just too full on and false.

Then we drove back to vegas. Stayed one night and flew home to Manchester.

It was a top trip.

mammutly said:
Our trip a few years back was great.

Flew into vegas - 3 nights at the Bellagio and booked a Grand Canyon trip.

Then drove out through Death Valley and stayed at Furness Creek ( you need to book this place in advance)

Up to San Francisco, which is a great city to spend some time in.

Then down Highway 101 - Monteray, I wasn't impressed by, but the rest was great. This is the Big Sur trip and the scenery is just amazing. Loads of places to stop, we saw seals, eagles, peregrine falcons, ottters, whales, even a dead shark! Also stopped at two vineyards.

Stopped at Santa Monica for 5 nights and visited Hollywood, LA city, Universal studios, Getty museum etc. from there. Santa Monica is just an easier place to be than LA proper. Been there a few times and it's just too full on and false.

Then we drove back to vegas. Stayed one night and flew home to Manchester.

It was a top trip.

Did you do any of them mental rides at the top of the Statosphere hotel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.