Usain Bolt

stonerblue said:
Here we go again. Another top sportsman being labelled as arrogant by people who know fuck all about them.
I saw Bolt on top gear and he didn't strike me as arrogant in the slightest.
I read a very long article about him and his life the other day and the arrogant fucker has only gone and got running water in his village as well as having the temerity to stump up for a new school building and equipment.
people dont see that fact that hes come from being "nothing" to become the most greatest athlete of all time

this guy is an absolute machine. He rekons he can do the 100m in 9.4 seconds if the conditions r right. Unbelivable!!

Records are there to be broken, but will there ever be a limit to how fast someone can do something (The 100m for example)

1912 the record was 10.60s
1960 the record was 10.09s
2007 the record was 9.74s since then Usaine Bolt has done

9.72s
9.69s
9.58s

Will be beaten one day surely? But in another 50 years time, could people be running this in 9.00 and under?

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Records are there to be broken, but will there ever be a limit to how fast someone can do something (The 100m for example)

9.72s
9.69s
9.58s

Will be beaten one day surely? But in another 50 years time, could people be running this in 9.00 and under?
Interesting question. I think sport-science will enable it eventually. Talksport asked something similar too. Did anyone hear Mike Parry's question the other day? "How long will it be before a man can run the 100m sprint in less than a second?" He meant it as well.

Joycee Banercheck said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:

9.72s
9.69s
9.58s

Interesting question. I think sport-science will enable it eventually. Talksport asked something similar too. Did anyone hear Mike Parry's question the other day? "How long will it be before a man can run the 100m sprint in less than a second?" He meant it as well.

Mike Parry has obviously never witnessed a crackhead coming out of Kendals with a Bang and Olufsen blu-ray and charging down Deansgate before.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

Mike Parry has obviously never witnessed a crackhead coming out of Kendals with a Bang and Olufsen blu-ray and charging down Deansgate before.

one of those sights that greets you after a return from a long trip that makes you say, "Now i'm home."

There was a very interesting article in the express i think it was today, about black sprinters in general, saying how the majority of them are from descendents of slavery, super fit slaves which pass their genes down through time, Bolt has even mentioned it in the past. Apparantly the black muscle structure has more speed twitch fibres or something, im not an expert!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.