Utd Tickets FAC any news (allocation row) {merged}

Re: Utd Tickets FAC any news

Bilston Blue said:
cleavers said:
So what reason do they have for gaining a dispensation from the FA for not giving the full 15% ? If its security (which I suspect it is) then they have little to complain about.

This is taken from today's Guardian article.

United are not bound to give visiting clubs the usual 15% allocation because they are given special dispensation from the FA on the basis that Old Trafford is the largest ground in the country.

i don't understand this so because they have more fans they dont have to sell as many away tickets, but people with smaller grounds who have alot of fans have to? :/

Kun's back pocket said:
If 11% is all we get then that's what they should get. What discussion could there be. Same rule should apply to all.

Here Here, Kun's back pocket!!!

Quote from the BBC website :

"The Red Devils are demanding their full entitlement for the tie, which will kick off at 1300 GMT on Sunday, 8 January"

Time for David Bernstein to step in on our behalf...................

So under FA rules, the scums are entitled TO 15% or 7100 tickets of the 47805 seats.
We would like to dispense 5500 for safety reasons i.e a difference of 1600

Why don't we compromise give them (a special dispensation) an extra of 600 tickets to 6100 ;)
Will that do?

I have no issue with them complaining(and I would hope City would do so likewise), however if it's on the grounds of safety there is nothing thats going toi change. Moreover, for them it brings to light the fact that they have their own ruling on the matter(does Arsenal have the same agreement?)and paints them in a very poor light.

Out of interest, have they been given the same allocation as Liverpool for the CC semi? If the dippers have accepted then surely the rags have no argument. In fact they have already set the bar by accepting the allocation given to them in the CC semi two years ago.

GXCity said:
Out of interest, have they been given the same allocation as Liverpool for the CC semi? If the dippers have accepted then surely the rags have no argument. In fact they have already set the bar by accepting the allocation given to them in the CC semi two years ago.
This "15% rule" doesn't apply to Carling Cup - clubs agree to an increased away allocation due to historically poor sales in that competition.

The problem we have is that to give them an extra 1,600 would mean a logistical nightmare, not just in segregation, but also at the turnstiles. The only possible outcome is to tell them to f*ck off!

I honestly don't think this is "tit-for-tat" from City, despite the Rags supposedly thinking that it is - City's stance is a safety issue IMO.

Regardless of their so-called special dispensation for cup games at Old Trafford, the allocation of 8500 for away teams there makes sense. That covers the whole of the upper tier of the East Stand plus the normal section in the corner that away fans get for league games. To give clubs any more tickets would present the same kind of logistical problems that we will face if we give them the full 15%.

Surely the hierarchy at United can see that giving them 7100 tickets could well cause additional problems? As such, I don't see why they're persisting with this. And while the fans of both clubs don't get on too well, I'm quite sure that the relationship at board level between us and them has always been quite healthy. Unnecessary spats like this only serve to undermine that.

Blue-Eyes said:
GXCity said:
This "15% rule" doesn't apply to Carling Cup - clubs agree to an increased away allocation due to historically poor sales in that competition.

The problem we have is that to give them an extra 1,600 would mean a logistical nightmare, not just in segregation, but also at the turnstiles. The only possible outcome is to tell them to f*ck off!

Just found this artical relating to Spurs v Arsenal in 2007. The CC does have a 15% rule and as such if the dippers have accepted 5.7k then surely the rags have no argument.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-429105/Spurs-Arsenal-feud-cup-tickets.html

GXCity said:
Blue-Eyes said:
GXCity said:

Just found this artical relating to Spurs v Arsenal in 2007. The CC does have a 15% rule and as such if the dippers have accepted 5.7k then surely the rags have no argument.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-429105/Spurs-Arsenal-feud-cup-tickets.html
Fair enough, you learn something new every day!

If that is the case, it makes them look very stupid that they accepted less for the Carling Cup Semi 2009, but are now kicking up a fuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.