Uwe to Wigan (merged)

Re: Uwe to Wigan

BillyShears said:
Also .... worth considering that it'd be a good place to place youngsters who need first team experience. I suspect Uwe would like that and so would City.

Could be a good place for Lopes to go on loan to, close to Manchester already and they play football (Coyle probably has ruined that a bit, but Uwe's Brentford when I watched them tried to keep it on the floor).

Good move for Uwe.

Whatever you think about Dave Whelan, he showed good judgement in Martinez and the two worked well together playing decent football and achieving success. He does support his managers although Coyle was a strange choice.

A step up from Brentford for Uwe and a better move than to basket case clubs like Blackburn or Sheffield Wednesday. Good for his family and a potential stepping stone to bigger things. You have to take chances while they arise. I wish him well and hopes he gets the job.

Always welcome at City.

Unlike most on here I have no problem with Wigan and think this is a great move for Uwe. We now have a strong possibility for some of our EDS lads to get a bit of game time.

I also don't really agree with the Whelan comments. The bloke has done wonders with such a small Footballing town and has certainly put his money where his mouth ( and the leg he broke in the Cup Final) is.

Having just read his autobiography he sounds pretty settled at Brentford so I'm surprised it looks like he'll be moving, particularly as he's had offers from the Championship before.

If he does go then obviously we'll wish him all the best at Wigan. Like the majority on here I can't stand Whelan but I know a couple of Wigan fans and just like the ones we met at the cup final last year they're a decent bunch. As long as they're still called WAFC and not DWFC I'll want them to do well.

Never realised Dave Whelan played football. Where did you hear he broke his leg in a Final?

I've heard Dave Whelan's name mentioned a few times but I don't really know anything about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.