Uwe to Wigan (merged)

Re: Uwe to Wigan

Eds said:
Never realised Dave Whelan played football. Where did you hear he broke his leg in a Final?

That is news to me.

Ray78 said:
Eds said:
Never realised Dave Whelan played football. Where did you hear he broke his leg in a Final?

That is news to me.

1960 Cup Final Blackburn V Wolves.
Wolves won 3.0 , Not sure what score was when it happened, but it was in first half and no subs them days.

Whitworth Park said:
Ray78 said:
Eds said:

That is news to me.

1960 Cup Final Blackburn V Wolves.
Wolves won 3.0 , Not sure what score was when it happened, but it was in first half and no subs them days.

What was the weather like?

I'm going against the grain here by saying I admire Whelan for what he's achieved for Wigan. And while I don't know a huge amount about him he comes across as a pretty decent human being. Just because some of his comments don't suit us doesn't make him a twat.

He showed good judgment and loyalty re Martinez.

I admire Uwe too so happy days.

Think you'll find that his deferential attitude to the GPC and everything raggy kinda did for Whelan with most blues. The fact that the media turn to him for comment every FA Cup weekend -he has some connection with the competition way back I think, I am sure he has mentioned it - and during these consultations he seemed to drop the tongue down the back of the waistband of GPC's trousers first chance he got did little to redress the balance

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/13-12-07-uwe-rosler-confirmed-as-latics-manager-1220588.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/artic ... 20588.aspx</a>

Uwe Rösler appointed as Wigan Athletic manager.

Uwe is one of the brightest young managers in the Football League and his ambition is to manage in the Premier League."
Dave Whelan

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce Uwe Rösler as the club’s new manager.

A compensation fee has been agreed with Brentford Football Club and Rösler will watch today’s match with Millwall from the stands, leaving Graham Barrow to take charge of the team.

He starts work from tomorrow and will be unveiled officially on Monday.

The 45 year-old former East Germany international striker scored 50 goals in 152 league games at Manchester City in the mid-1990s, the highlight of a 16 year playing career which took in 13 clubs in total in pre and post-unification Germany, as well as Southampton and West Bromwich Albion, before finishing off in Norway, where he also started his managerial career.

He spent six seasons at leading Norwegian clubs Lillestrom, Viking and Molde before taking Brentford to within seconds of the League One title at the end of last season.

He has just won the League One Manager of The Month award after a run of six wins and a draw in their last seven league matches which has seen the Bees firmly challenging for automatic promotion again.

Latics Chairman Dave Whelan said: “Uwe is one of the brightest young managers in the Football League and his ambition is to manage in the Premier League.

“He impressed me enormously when I spoke to him, he has a strong philosophy about how to play the game and has a desire to shape all aspects of the long term future of the club. I think he can and will achieve great things here at Wigan Athletic."

Jonathan Jackson, Chief Executive, said:

“I want to thank Brentford for their help in making this process so straight forward and wish them success as they seek to find a replacement.

“I believe we have found the right manager for Wigan Athletic. It has clearly been a difficult decision for him to leave somewhere where he has been so successful. However, he can now start the job of taking the club forward and begin writing the next chapter in our history.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.